GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What Did You Do to Your TDI Today?

85RedGolf2.5

Go Kart Champion
I went to dealer, got the 10k Service done, Alignment (since body shop aligned the wheels before doing the Frame Pull... idiots) and while I was there, The Parts guy showed me a Set of Beetle Heritage Wheels with the Center Baby Moon and Beauty Rings with BRAND NEW Hankook Tires. The whole set was 400.00, took them down to Discount tire, had them inspected and 593.00 Later, I have a Set of Brand New 17' Heritage wheels and Tires with a LIFETIME Warranty/Road hazard/Spin Balance and Rotate on the Hankooks. Discount Tire is awesome, you don't even have to buy the tires from them, as long as they inspect them and they are new or fairly new, they will sell you a road hazard, and balance and install the set... Pictures will be up as soon as I get a chance.

DZLmk6

Passed Driver's Ed
I went to dealer, got the 10k Service done, Alignment (since body shop aligned the wheels before doing the Frame Pull... idiots) and while I was there, The Parts guy showed me a Set of Beetle Heritage Wheels with the Center Baby Moon and Beauty Rings with BRAND NEW Hankook Tires. The whole set was 400.00, took them down to Discount tire, had them inspected and 593.00 Later, I have a Set of Brand New 17' Heritage wheels and Tires with a LIFETIME Warranty/Road hazard/Spin Balance and Rotate on the Hankooks. Discount Tire is awesome, you don't even have to buy the tires from them, as long as they inspect them and they are new or fairly new, they will sell you a road hazard, and balance and install the set... Pictures will be up as soon as I get a chance.

Nice score man!:thumbup: Why were they selling them so cheap?

PDPCEO

Ready to race!
Anyone know if a gti mkv rear sway bar will fit our car. Mk6 golf tdi. My buddy gots one and I want a lil bit better handling on the corners.

I'm lowered on dg springs

BlueDubbinTDI

Go Kart Champion
Anyone know if a gti mkv rear sway bar will fit our car. Mk6 golf tdi. My buddy gots one and I want a lil bit better handling on the corners.

I'm lowered on dg springs

I have a mk6 GTI rsb on mine (+1.1mm over TDI rsb) and noticed no change at that slight of difference. Dunno what the mkv is but I say just go aftermarket, atleast 24mm from my reading. TDIs have ~18mm rsb and GTIs have ~19 by comparison.

PDPCEO

Ready to race!
I have a mk6 GTI rsb on mine (+1.1mm over TDI rsb) and noticed no change at that slight of difference. Dunno what the mkv is but I say just go aftermarket, atleast 24mm from my reading. TDIs have ~18mm rsb and GTIs have ~19 by comparison.

cool thanks for the info!

85RedGolf2.5

Go Kart Champion
The Dealer sold them so cheap cause whoever bought a 2013 Beetle with the Heritage wheels wanted 18" Driver's Gear Wheels, so he just left them there, told the dealer to do what they want... so they had them lying around for almost 3 months, and I just got lucky, the guy said Monday they would have been on Craigs list.

Shutaro

Ready to race!
Finished a tire rotation (ran out of daylight on Saturday) and torqued down the front suspension. 40 miles of beltway driving tonight, and no more noise from the new DG springs :)

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363140486.729921.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363140486.729921.jpg
    210.5 KB · Views: 305

DUBPL8

Go Kart Champion
ANYTING faster lol. i love the MPGs, but i go flaccid everytime i go to stomp on it and it barely moves. i really want an R.:23:

Malone Stage 2 tune?

rawbdog

Go Kart Champion
Malone Stage 2 tune?

its $1600 +. and i dont want to have to worry about my fuel pump exploding and having to pay $10k to get it fixed. id rather start with a car that already has some power to begin with. plus AWD would be aweome.

DUBPL8

Go Kart Champion
its $1600 +. and i dont want to have to worry about my fuel pump exploding and having to pay $10k to get it fixed. id rather start with a car that already has some power to begin with. plus AWD would be aweome.

Agreed, but it's too expensive for me.

Rather just find myself a CPO GTI Autobahn and just keep that for a long time. Now that I got another fuel efficient vehicle, I may as well just go with the GTI finally.

rawbdog

Go Kart Champion
Agreed, but it's too expensive for me.

Rather just find myself a CPO GTI Autobahn and just keep that for a long time. Now that I got another fuel efficient vehicle, I may as well just go with the GTI finally.

i would go that route, but i am sick of FWD. when the tires spin on FWD i feel like a ricer.

my other car is a 71' Chevy Nova and that thing has plenty of power and is RWD but its on the back burner right now because that thing drinks gas like its going out of style.