GOLFMKV

What kind of sub/amp combo do you have?

elbongo

Ready to race!
JBL GTO 6000 + JBL 1214BP :)
+ Clarion NX501E

RioGrandeValley

Ready to race!
Factory touch screen, Audio Control Concert Series The Epicenter, Audio Control Concert Series EQS, JL 500w mono block via 4g with 100A ANL fuse, RE Audio 800w subs, ported heavy Rhino interior lined double face sub box tuned @ 40 Hz. Needless to say anything streaming from my iPhone 4 can go from subtle (when wife in car too) to over 140+ DBS easily when letting friends sample system. Not sure yet if upgrading front components cause more than happy with clarity of stock speakers. Keep in mind running head unit bass level @ 20% so all speakers play cleaner at higher volumes. Letting the EQS do most of bass and when needed The Epicenter will gladly say HELLO.

My 5 Cent System :)

Tomato

RioGrandeValley

Ready to race!
Alright, the 10 inch type r and alpine amp were installed today and holy freakin balls! Just what this system needed.

Curious as to what type of music you listen to?
You went with sealed box after all right?

Tomato

FlyinHigh410

Passed Driver's Ed
yea i ended up doing the sealed box. its a nice tight punch when it hits. i listen to pretty much everything but i would say a good part of my collection is rap/hip-hop and house music.

RioGrandeValley

Ready to race!
^^^Try a ported box if you ever get the chance^^^
For the main music you listed it will bump much louder.

Tomato

szarbo

1k watt rockford amp 1-12 inch kicker comp and 1-12 inch kenwood in a ported box
i want to downsize to a single sub and i mostly listen to dubstep and underground rap
any suggestions ?

FlyinHigh410

Passed Driver's Ed
Why wouldnt you just pick either one of the subs you have and get a single sub box and call it a day?

the_abuse

Ready to race!
1k watt rockford amp 1-12 inch kicker comp and 1-12 inch kenwood in a ported box
i want to downsize to a single sub and i mostly listen to dubstep and underground rap
any suggestions ?

im bias stick with the kicker

scottie46

Ready to race!
rockford fosgate 2 12'' with fosgate 500 amp

the_abuse

Ready to race!
10" alpine type R
MTX RFL 1200D

i also have a JBL BP 1200.1 Its probably one of the best amps ever made. look at any review. id suggest getting one of them off ebay or something it will last forever and pound any sound system

dragonslayer33101

Ready to race!
Kicker 10" L5 in custom fiberglass box, Kicker 400.1 amp

Cwykle99

Ready to race!
2 Alpine Type R in ported box with 1900watt alpine amp. Sounds incredible, only problem is my sunglasses holder keeps falling open, any suggestions?