GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What the hell is up with 2007-2011 Civic SI resale values?

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Used Honda's are hot commodities right now

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion

A new one can be had for 22-23k. I just fail to see the logic of someone picking up a used one that has most likely been abused.

I just don't understand...

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
A new one can be had for 22-23k. I just fail to see the logic of someone picking up a used one that has most likely been abused.

I just don't understand...

People dont like the new ones. Plain and simple. Its a very very weird society we live in.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie

this^

you can buy a slightly (1-4yrs old) used honda, put 30-40K miles on it and probably sell it close to what you paid for it 3+ years later.

HardCandy

Go Kart Champion
Used car market is f'ed up if your looking to save money, better off buying new, take advantage of the incentives/ rebates and better finance rates.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Last month Honda sales were up 50% and toyota sales were up 94%... I guess that whole Tsunami thing really did a # on the honda supplies.

HardCandy

Go Kart Champion
this^

you can buy a slightly (1-4yrs old) used honda, put 30-40K miles on it and probably sell it close to what you paid for it 3+ years later.

My 2010 civic resold for more money than i paid new, was an lx, i bought it for 15300 new, put ten k on it dealer sold it for like 16900.. go figure

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
My 2010 civic resold for more money than i paid new, was an lx, i bought it for 15300 new, put ten k on it dealer sold it for like 16900.. go figure

I was in the same boat when buying my TDI. Used ones sold for more than my new one... I paid 22,500 for mine and used ones listed at 23-25k. :laugh: It was a simple decision at that point.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Last month Honda sales were up 50% and toyota sales were up 94%... I guess that whole Tsunami thing really did a # on the honda supplies.

VERY much so. Having looked at our sales graph...it was abyssmal last year when the shit hit the fan.

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
My wife had an 07 Civic, we half sold it to her little sister, who has abused the absolute shot out of it, and it's still worth way more that I would expect. I made a good decision in keeping part ownership. One of my rare good decisions.

C4L

Banned

And sales figures from last year.

Keep in mind that 50% and 94% are compared to their DOWN 20-30% numbers from last year. Really its only up about half those figures taking into account the natural disasters from last year. For example;

2010 - 100k units
2011 - 80k units - down 20%
2012 - 120k units - up 50%

Really only up 10%/year since 2010 (pre natural disasters).

Hypothetical figures of course but you get the concept.:thumbsup:

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
They're really low mileage so of course the asking price will be higher. And remember, there is a difference between asking price and selling price. VW asked 31,250 for my GTI but they sold it too me for much less than that.

Also, I don't think CL ads are a good way to estimate a cars value.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
They're really low mileage so of course the asking price will be higher. And remember, there is a difference between asking price and selling price. VW asked 31,250 for my GTI but they sold it too me for much less than that.

Also, I don't think CL ads are a good way to estimate a cars value.

Well the last 5 cars I bought were through craigslist. Low mileage or not those figures are outrageously high. It made a lot of sense to buy those civics back then... Drive for 3-5 years and sell for almost the same amount.

I just checked ebay and a lot of the 08-09 civics are all 18-20k for BIN.