GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What tires do you have and recommend

Gtiphil1

Passed Driver's Ed
I currently have a gti with apr stage 2, clutch and flywheel upgrade. I have 235-40-18 bfg g-force sport comp 2 tires and i have no traction in first nor second. I wanted to see what you have and how it works for you.( in second i could punch it at 25 mph and when boost kicks in im spinning tires)

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Jcarollo765

Ready to race!
The tires you currently have are pretty damn good. FWD is a bitch.

SELA_MK6GTI

Go Kart Champion
I just got some Federal RSR 595s. They're ALOT better than my stock Pirellis but I don't know too much about the kind of tires there are out there. Many members swear by the Michelin pilot super sports and others like the continentals DW :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paytrose

Ready to race!
Just bought a set of Continental DWS06's and so far so good. I'm not stage 2 though, so I'm not sure how it handles the added torque from stage 1.

R

Rayunited

Just ordered sets of Continental DWS06. Many good reviews and tire rack commanded.

Gtiphil1

Passed Driver's Ed
I was looking at bfg kdw2 and gforce comp 2 but now i may be looking into continental ?

Jcarollo765

Ready to race!
I was looking at bfg kdw2 and gforce comp 2 but now i may be looking into continental ?

PSS r the king, just check tire racks reviews. Again tho the tires u have are above average.

luvdagators

Go Kart Champion
I have conti dws on my Mk6 gti and love them at stage 1
My wifes jetta has conti dws06 and love them even more
The only tires I will buy

dafuture

Go Kart Champion
Pilot Super Sports are definitely the best if you're really trying to put down the power, but they are more on the expensive side and wear out pretty quickly. Someone recommended the Bridgestone Pole Position S-04s as a cheaper competitor that provided a lot of the same performance. Might want to take a look at those.

MelowGTI

Ready to race!
never slipped from 30 now. tires in sig

Stage2Sasquatch

Go Kart Champion
You live in Socal so if you really want to up the traction you need to step up to the 200AA tread-wear tires.

That would be the:
1. RE-71R
2. Hankook RS3-V2's
3. RE-11
4. DIREZZA ZII Star Spec

Keep in mind you are gonna lose ride quality, noise and tread wear with these tires but that's what will give you more traction as far as tires go.

Pmanpop

Go Kart Champion
Budget friendly version of Pss are the bridestone s04. Pretty cheap and I can put power down in second once they have some heat.

I've had z2 and they rocked but they were super noisy. That grip though

zrickety

The Fixer
You probably don't want to hear this, but few tires will hold 'punching it' in first or second. You have to lift a little bit to hold traction and work with the tires, not against them. Are you letting the traction control kick in or you just turn it off??

Gtiphil1

Passed Driver's Ed
I turn off the traction control but I normally ease off the gas pedal I just want something that if I forget I don't have to worry about it I am getting some DWS put on right now