GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What upgrades would I need to beat a '15 Mustang RS3

bart2278

Go Kart Champion
Father in law has a Roush Stage 3 and it is much quicker than my vehicle. I would like to at least keep up with it. I plan on Frankenturbo. Would I be able to use it to touch his car?

JustinT

Ready to race!
New car^, hahah just kidding. Definitely a bigger turbo brotha. Those Mustangs are power houses man, I know all too well, brother has one:(

GTIx

Passed Driver's Ed
670hp vs a GTI, hmmmm you can strap a supercharged coyote onto your car as well. Switch cars!

[Old User]

Go Kart Champion
you're gonna need something bigger then a frankenturbo... especially up top as the mustang will be strong as hell. if big power is what you want, personally, I'd drop the GTI and build a platform that is meant for it.

DarianBx3

Ready to race!
My vote is stick with the GTI. Go stage 3+, become that guy. Keep up with him. KEEP THE DREAM OF THE GTI ALIVE.

'I bought a new car to have a faster one than my father in law', vs 'Sick new car man! My hatchback can keep up though'

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
When in doubt... Drop a LS in it.

bart2278

Go Kart Champion
If you want to drag race you bought the wrong car [emoji848]

I hate when people say that. I understand that this vehicle is not meant for drag, and I don't want to turn it into a drag vehicle. Humor me here, as I know it's possible. I just want to know what I would have to do to be competitive against his vehicle. Lets say I still want to keep the EA888, would it be stage 3? 400 horses? I can have a ton of power and still be competitive on the track, so fuck that statement.

bart2278

Go Kart Champion
My vote is stick with the GTI. Go stage 3+, become that guy. Keep up with him. KEEP THE DREAM OF THE GTI ALIVE.

'I bought a new car to have a faster one than my father in law', vs 'Sick new car man! My hatchback can keep up though'

Yea he is a mad shit talker, and I would love to walk him in my "Euro Trash". But if stage 3 is where I need to be, then it will have to wait until I pay this car off.

SyDiko

Ready to race!
I hate when people say that. I understand that this vehicle is not meant for drag, and I don't want to turn it into a drag vehicle. Humor me here, as I know it's possible. I just want to know what I would have to do to be competitive against his vehicle.

Lol, you know the hard truth is that it is essentially a different class of sports car. And, judging by your current mods, you know what needs to be done if you want to stay 'competitive' with a Stage 3, Roush Mustang. :)

I'm curious though, are you trying to stay competitive around a track or for a drag race?

Last edited:

sauceman101

Ready to race!
Yea he is a mad shit talker, and I would love to walk him in my "Euro Trash". But if stage 3 is where I need to be, then it will have to wait until I pay this car off.

Still won't be fast enough. to get the power to weight ratio the RS3 has in bone stock form you'd need 500hp out of the GTI and shed about 250 pounds off the mk6 platform. I see most of the RS3s running mid low 11s on street tires. With that power I'd imagine low 10s high 9s with slicks and a good driver. If you want to walk by him in a euro trash car it won't be one of our GTI's unless you have 30k to put into it. At that point like others have said buy another car

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
You will have to go completely custom. You may be able to be a "Camera car that trails" with stage 3.

You're gonna need to build the motor add in auxiliary fueling.. new pumps bigger injectors maybe a 5th injector. Custom big turbo and tune.

Cause stage 3 is only 400ish horsepower... a Roush stage 3 is 670 horsepower... its a completly diffrent animal.

I had a buddy who had a Mustang GT(Non Roush just a standard 5.0) with intake pipes and tune and was pushing mid 400 something to the wheels and then got a 100 shot.

He would leave me from a roll like i was parked.(Without the nitrous)

sauceman101

Ready to race!
You will have to go completely custom. You may be able to be a "Camera car that trails" with stage 3.

You're gonna need to build the motor add in auxiliary fueling.. new pumps bigger injectors maybe a 5th injector. Custom big turbo and tune.

Cause stage 3 is only 400ish horsepower... a Roush stage 3 is 670 horsepower... its a completly diffrent animal.

I had a buddy who had a Mustang GT(Non Roush just a standard 5.0) with intake pipes and tune and was pushing mid 400 something to the wheels and then got a 100 shot.

He would leave me from a roll like i was parked.(Without the nitrous)

Yea, the 5.0 they brought back in 2011 is an animal, so is the 6.2 in the camaro. We can be competitive with those cars when stock, if we swap turbos. Once those motors get a handful of light mods forget about it let alone forced induction.

Last edited: