GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Wheel size... Thinking of going 19s. Need advice

Leo_Freitas

Ready to race!
I'm thinking about getting some 19s on my car, I don't have it lowered and I'm not really planning on lowering it.

What wheel specs am I looking for in order to avoid rubbing or other issues.

Thanks for the help guys

This is the car now
uploadfromtaptalk1457310735988.jpg

Instagram @MK6_Vizsla

SELA_MK6GTI

Go Kart Champion
I'm thinking about getting some 19s on my car, I don't have it lowered and I'm not really planning on lowering it.

What wheel specs am I looking for in order to avoid rubbing or other issues.

Thanks for the help guys

This is the car now
View attachment 52179

Instagram @MK6_Vizsla

I just got my Serrons to match with you and you're leaving already [emoji20] lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

THMotorsports

Ready to race!
if you're looking to go 19" and have the car look a little more aggressive, i would suggest going with a 19x8.5 et35-et40 range. wont have to worry about rubbing or anything, and it'll be slightly more aggressive looking than stock

luvdagators

Go Kart Champion
I would suggest sticking with 18's and lower your car a little
19's ride is harsher and don't think it would look right at stock height
Just my opinion

zrickety

The Fixer
As others said, 19's will ride rough, probably be heavier and bend easier. I would recommend lightweight 18's if you want a real upgrade.

ashchuckton

Ready to race!
Hope you have smooth roads where you live. I'd guess around here on the roads I like to drive on those tires wouldn't last very long. Tires need a bit of sidewall to survive.

Leo_Freitas

Ready to race!
Thanks everyone. I might just lower it and keep 18s.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

CMGTI

Ready to race!
19s are to big imho

+1

Passed on some very nice lightweight OZ's due to being 19's. Its a DD so I need the sidewall and the tires to last me longer.

iAhhMaze

Go Kart Champion
Yeah i had 19 blqs left over from my old b8 and couldnt do it it was way to big had to sell em 18s is the biggest i would go

ducatiti

Ready to race!
To give you and idea, here are 19's on stock suspension. Recently purchased these and plan to sell them really soon... Make me an offer :)

Midknight1

Ready to race!
I'd save money on the wheels, and put it towards some good springs and shocks.

My favorite setup is 18" with a drop