GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

where is diverter valve

mk6gti!

Passed Driver's Ed
anyone have a pic? where is it located? sorry im new to turbo cars, lost boost last night and want to check if its a busted dv

jackgti1

Go Kart Champion
Right next to the burning hot turbo :thumbsup: Quite dissapointed you have a k04 and don't know that, but oh well

hippiesrock03

Go Kart Champion
Right next to the burning hot turbo :thumbsup: Quite dissapointed you have a k04 and don't know that, but oh well

Money can't buy knowledge and experience. No offense OP. :p

Tech72

Ready to race!
Last edited:

E. Tiberius

Passed Driver's Ed
Same sentiment when I read the post. Go as far as a K04 and related mods, but asks where's the DV?:iono:

Anyway, to help out a fellow board member, here's a DIY video from ECS showing the DV location....

http://vimeo.com/channels/ecstuningvolkswagen/page:1

This video is only valid if you have installed the DV relocation kit. The DV in its stock location, is under the engine and requires a tiny bit more effort to get to.

Now should I drop judgement on you based on this single post as you have on the OP?

NYCSuits

Go Kart Champion
This video is only valid if you have installed the DV relocation kit. The DV in its stock location, is under the engine and requires a tiny bit more effort to get to.

Now should I drop judgement on you based on this single post as you have on the OP?

BOOM...that just happened

Modshack1

Go Kart Champion
Under the car, bolted to the turbo housing..

Tech72

Ready to race!

He's decked out with K04, intercooler, turbo back exhaust, etc....where's the DV? Hmmm....

Perhaps I jumped the gun with the video link, I somehow had it in my mind that he would already have the DV relocation kit with all the mods. I know, never assume.

But my point stands.

NathanDetroit

Ready to race!
there sure is a lot of bitchiness in this thread. the guy asked a simple question, no need to pass judgement on him.

SkullV

Thunderbunny.....
He's decked out with K04, intercooler, turbo back exhaust, etc....where's the DV? Hmmm....

Perhaps I jumped the gun with the video link, I somehow had it in my mind that he would already have the DV relocation kit with all the mods. I know, never assume.

But my point stands.

Many, if not most APR K04 owners have those mods without a DV relocation.

jackgti1

Go Kart Champion
there sure is a lot of bitchiness in this thread. the guy asked a simple question, no need to pass judgement on him.

Its not about bitchiness, it's sadness how we dubbers put so much time/money/effort/research into each of our mods, and this guy here has put a solid amount of money into his car, but clearly not much of the other variables.

BangMangler

Ready to race!
Its not about bitchiness, it's sadness how we dubbers put so much time/money/effort/research into each of our mods, and this guy here has put a solid amount of money into his car, but clearly not much of the other variables.

Not all of us have mommy and daddy to help out. Just saying... ;)

allset

Go Kart Champion
OP- to get to the DV remove passenger side wheel, well shields. That will open up the side of the engine where the turbo is. The dv is a black plastic rectangular box bolted to the turbo with 3 bolts. there is also a harness attached. see steves (modshack) photo above.

seeing u have a 2012 u must have a revision D piston DV which has no rubber diaphragm and unlikely to be busted so soon.

whats the issue that makes u think it the dv?