GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Which car that you used to own do you miss the most?

outshined

Go Kart Champion
Nice Grand Cherokee Limited. Good year. I love the new ones, but it sounds like reliability is still down.

rob618ox

Passed Driver's Ed
For me, a Ruby Pearl '91 Nissan Sentra SER. Plain Jane exterior, two doors, roll-up windows, able to outrun 4 cylinder BMWs, out handled my 86 GTI, just perfectly balanced. cheap to buy, cheap to drive, huge grins. Too bad Nissan has lost its way...

I miss mine too. With upgraded sway bars and a decent suspension like kyb agx's/ road magnet springs, the car loved to tripod mode.

I even miss having to hold it in 5th gear going up hill so it wouldn't pop out lol

t'sGTI

Go Kart Champion
In this order...

2005 Honda S2000
1993 C4 Corvette Convertible
1980 VW Scirrocco
1994 Mustang GT
1976 VW beetle

O-III

Ready to race!
1988 Mazda MX-6 GT. Amazing car!

D Griff

Go Kart Champion
Well, I don't miss anything a ton. I reminisce, but don't really miss. I've only had four cars.

'93 Taurus - crap, 240k when I got it but fun 0FG ride that I would just crash into things on purpose and such with my friends.

'97 Civic - looked nice, fun in autox with suspension mods.

'90 Miata - it's for sale now, I'll miss it sometimes I think.

'12 GTI - by far the nicest/best car I've had.

Saabstory

.:R32 OG Member # 002
My MKV R32.

I have the TDI for financial reasons (800-900 miles per week is hard on a car) but from every standpoint except fuel economy that car was amazing.

CaptObvious75

Ready to race!
Miss my:

- 1998 eagle talon tsi
- 1997 civic ex w. B16B swap

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie

Reliable as fuck and very easy to get sideways.

dude, I had a 2001 as well! was great for hauling people and loved that AWD.

It was mint and the only reason I got rid of it was because my wife back then said it was unnecessary and we needed to free the money up for house upgrades. Sigh.

2005 RX 8

Loved that car... except at the gas pump. 16mpg killed me!

dang.. that bad eh?

My 06 STI, loved it.

I was t-boned in a parking lot in 2009 and it was never quite the same after I got it back.

heck yeah man.. the old STI's were incredible. I miss my 04.. I never should have made it so stiff/racecar-ish, lol.. I would have kept it.

There is 1 car I miss...

It was lightweight, it was tuned safe and mild with 400 whp, it went like mad, stopped on a dime, and ripped up corners all while being wonderfully hideous and street legal, it even still had a front plate. It had a very high flowing exhaust that was QUIET and finished with the cheapest-crappiest looking galvanized steel exhaust turn down for a tip that I could find. This car made a lot of people feel stupid on and off the track. I love that car and wish I had never gotten rid of it, it was so much fun to drive.

were you not wearing a shirt in that one pic?? lol.. amazing, if so.

dude.. I remember when you posted that thing up before.. looks like it would be a really fun and crazy track day car. And by the looks of the Fit, I can definitely see the inspiration for your current GTI :)

In this order...

2005 Honda S2000
1993 C4 Corvette Convertible
1980 VW Scirrocco
1994 Mustang GT
1976 VW beetle

:drool:

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
oh.. and forgot my list, guise ;)

'87 Porsche 944 – first car I learned stick on
'93 Mercury Topaz
'95 Chevy Corvette - Auto
'95 Toyota Supra Twin Turbo (miss this one a lot) 6psd
'97 Mitsubishi 3000GT (totaled) Auto trans
'98 Mercury Cougar
'98 Mercury Mystique (LAME - tried to be practical... for 3mos)
'99 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP - not too bad, super guido though...
'01 Ford Explorer XLT - great for hauling band equipment
'01 Porsche 911 Carrera 4 (6spd)
'03 Subaru WRX Wagon (5spd)
'04 Subaru WRX STi (6spd)
'05 C6 Corvette Z51 (Grand Sport equivalent - 6spd)
'05 Scion xA
'05 Saabaru 9-2X (WRX basically - Auto)
'06 VW GTI 2DR (DSG)
'06 Mitsubishi Evolution MR (6spd)
'08 Subaru STI (6spd)
'08 BMW 335xi E92 Coupe (Auto w/ paddles)
’11 VW GTI 4DR (6spd – Autobahn)
'12 Mazda 5 ( co-owned with the wifey )
'11 Audi A3 2.0T Quattro
'06 Honda Odyssey EX Pussy Wagon

D Griff

Go Kart Champion
Jeez that's an intense list. I literally just remembered that in my dronken stupor last weekend, I'm outside a bar gawking at this last gen TT Supra on the street. The owner comes up, gives me the keys, lets me sit in it, fire it up, rev it up to redline a bunch of times, then just get out.... Very weird but cool experience. It sounded sick IIRC.

McQueen77

Banned
Surprised you kept your car choices so frugal over time... I had a ton of random crap over time.

1993 Mazda 626
1993 Mercury Cougar
1996 Lincoln Mark 8
1998 Honda Prelude (kinda miss it)
1998 Lincoln Mark 8
1992 BMW 325is
2003 Grand Cherokee
2002 Corvette C5
1969 Pontiac Firebird
2011 TDI (current)
2001 E46 (current)

yeah i dont know man, the first new car i bought was a 98 tocoma. well i bought it CPO a year old. that was a good truck and an improvement over previous rides. i guess i sort of miss my first car ever which was a 72 beetle but it was a piece of shit. learned to drive on that car. i used to stay summers in the bay area sometimes with my grandma in highschool and had almost daily use of my uncle's 86 mustang SVO, supercharged i believe. that was the first 'fast' car i ever really drove on a regular basis.

cars were always just utility for me and i was always taught by my dad who can wield a wrench like a boss that german cars were expensive and problematic, unreliable etc. i always had an eye for them and wanted them but i dont know. he taught me which side of a wrench was up so i could do basic work on cars. after the tacoma it was the mazda3 which i bought new and now im here. so the next car has to be an upgrade from this one since i spent so much time in lame cars.

SayaGTI

www.meatspin.com
My list is shitty lol

1984 Honda civic (first car, lulz)
2000 Toyota Corolla S (sold Honda, used cash from that plus saved money for this gem)
2007 Nissan 350Z (bought new. Still got it <3)
2007 Nissan Altima (bought it for the wife. Traded it on her Tacoma)
2008 Toyota Tundra 5.7 Crewmax 4x4 (sold privately)
2009 Toyota Tacoma (traded in for GTI)
1999 Toyota Avalon (beater car, still got it)
2005 BMW M3 (traded it in on my second Tundra)
2012 Toyota Tundra 5.7 Crewmax 4x4
2012 VW GTI (wife took it in the divorce)

The_Koof1

Ready to race!
I haven't owned anything particularly special but the one I miss the most would be the 1997 Dodge Dakota 4WD. It was my first ride and I got it with 175,000 miles. It was the 3.9L V6 model and with 175 hp for 4500+ lbs it could barely get out of it's own way. It was dead nuts reliable though especially with a kid who beat on it everyday from off roading to donuts. I held on to it when I got different cars and when they didn't work, the Dodge always did. I eventually got rid of it with 215,660 miles and it was so tough to hand over the keys as I had a lot of fond memories with that truck.

McQueen77

Banned
My list is shitty lol

1984 Honda civic (first car, lulz)
2000 Toyota Corolla S (sold Honda, used cash from that plus saved money for this gem)
2007 Nissan 350Z (bought new. Still got it <3)
2007 Nissan Altima (bought it for the wife. Traded it on her Tacoma)
2008 Toyota Tundra 5.7 Crewmax 4x4 (sold privately)
2009 Toyota Tacoma (traded in for GTI)
1999 Toyota Avalon (beater car, still got it)
2005 BMW M3 (traded it in on my second Tundra)
2012 Toyota Tundra 5.7 Crewmax 4x4
2012 VW GTI (wife took it in the divorce)

if the wife took the car what are you driving the Z? luckily my wife doesnt care for my GTI so i'd probably keep it if we split the sheets ever.

SayaGTI

www.meatspin.com
if the wife took the car what are you driving the Z? luckily my wife doesnt care for my GTI so i'd probably keep it if we split the sheets ever.

Yeah I still have my Z, the Avalon and my second Tundra.

Divorce was pretty easy. We filed no contest and she didn't take anything other than the GTI and a couple pieces of furniture lol. Guess I can be thankful for that.