GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Which color of dash cubby matches

harddrivin1le1

Ready to race!
The cars sold in Germany comes standard with that and the under-seat storage bin.

I'm rather amazed that VW cut the cubby from the dash for the US market. How much money could that possibly have saved them?

I'd like the cubby, but I'm leasing my GTI and don't want to spend the money.

cleanmk5

Go Kart Champion
I'm not trying to be a dick, but why the hell would you pay $84USD for something your pocket does free???
I need the extra space to put stuff that I want to keep in my car since there is not much room in the gti and plus for some reason I think it looks cool. I also have money to waste.

Shimino

Ready to race!
none of those 3 colors will match my gti.
I got mine form my MK5.
About a write up... IDK.. I just started pulling a lot of screws apart until it fit.

rabinabo

Passed Driver's Ed
If the links are broken, just do a search on google then click on the cached links. I installed my cubby the other day when vwvortex was down, and that's what I did.

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
If the Titan black isn't a match for the gti can anyone tell me where to get one that matches?

Did someone say Titan black doesn't match? The GTIs come with black titan interiors so wouldn't it match?

harddrivin1le1

Ready to race!
50-100 bucks probably multiple that by a few thousand cars and you are talking real money. On top of that our cars are MUCH less expensive.

I would have gladly paid another $150 for the car if it had the dash cubby and under-seat storage tray if I bought the car.

Those are basic things and the interior storage in the driver/passenger compartment is notably limited on our cars. (My '09 Yaris has THREE glove compartments and two fold out dash cup-holders, plus a third in in the floor console. It also has two open side cubbies on the center console and a small storage bin at the bottom of the center console.)

I leased my GTI, so the difference in terms of monthly lease payments would have been a dollar a month or so (figure $40 total over the 3 year/36K mile lease term).

They could at least offer the tray as an "official" dealer installed option and/or roll it into one of the option groupings.

Last edited:

pvivino

Ready to race!
Agree that these should have been included - but it is also not the purpose of the car. My wife's minivan has multiple dash bins and storage areas but is clearly meant to be a family car. When you buy a sporty car you cannot expect as many storage areas and cupholders.

VWVic

Passed Driver's Ed
Agree that these should have been included - but it is also not the purpose of the car. My wife's minivan has multiple dash bins and storage areas but is clearly meant to be a family car. When you buy a sporty car you cannot expect as many storage areas and cupholders.

I don't know about that...my '03 Porsche Boxster has significantly more interior storage space. The glovebox is just as large, there are two large lidded door bins, a lockable compartment under the center armrest, and two shelves in the center console. There's a ton of storage and it's pretty much all in use...

After a couple of days in my new GTI I decided a storage upgrade was definitely going to be in order so I went to the OEMPlus site and ordered a pair of the underseat storage drawers. My previous ride, an Audi A4, had them and I found them very useful. Took a while for them to arrive, and they were a bit of a hassle to install, but they're well worth it. And the titan black is a perfect match for the GTI's interior.

I'd consider the dash bin but honestly the drawers seem to have addressed my storage problems and I'd worry that the dash bin might contribute to the small symphony of buzzes and rattles inside my car...

-V