GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Who want to see this race

SFvalleyGTi1

Go Kart Champion
dont think its to difficult to drive dsg if i remember correctly when the third beep comes u floor it and hold on to the steering wheel so dont think driving skills is the prob. If that is the prob i will be more then happy to drive boostins car in this race :) and when it comes to tq dbgti11 car is very torqhy. whenever were in his car and he floors it the pull back is there. ive driven vehicles tuned by APR Revo and Uni and i can say Revo has an immense amount of tq more then uni and apr. Uni has good tq in some rpms not all around like revo but uni is great on power delivery. APR just feels dull to me. i mean im sure the power is there but feel it more as a linear graph instead of a exponential graph

Ya you dont think its difficult to drive a dsg. But give me a DSG and you'll probably smoke me. Why? Cause I wouldn't know what shifts faster putting the DSG in manual mode? Sport mode? or just in Drive? What rpm's to shift at etc.

The reason why drag strip isnt good for comparing tunes is because its hard to replicate launching, some tracks have up/down slopes, some lanes are faster than others etc.

When comparing cars, tunes, you want to remove any variable that can screw up the findings. So racing from a dig is out because some might feather the throttle better than another, one might have better tires etc. Best way to compare the two tunes is by a 30 or 40mph pull to 120mph. Camera should be mounted inside one of the cars or a camera man in a trailing car... Or going to the dyno...

I wish there were Revo cars out in SoCal, I'd run them.

DBGTI11

Ready to race!
Ya you dont think its difficult to drive a dsg. But give me a DSG and you'll probably smoke me. Why? Cause I wouldn't know what shifts faster putting the DSG in manual mode? Sport mode? or just in Drive? What rpm's to shift at etc.

The reason why drag strip isnt good for comparing tunes is because its hard to replicate launching, some tracks have up/down slopes, some lanes are faster than others etc.

When comparing cars, tunes, you want to remove any variable that can screw up the findings. So racing from a dig is out because some might feather the throttle better than another, one might have better tires etc. Best way to compare the two tunes is by a 30 or 40mph pull to 120mph. Camera should be mounted inside one of the cars or a camera man in a trailing car... Or going to the dyno...

I wish there were Revo cars out in SoCal, I'd run them.

That's exactly what I want to do

No point in doing a dig and a dyno would be expensive unless we get a deal

I want to do 20-120

35-120 and 40-120+

It's that easy but he won't go for it

jackgti1

Go Kart Champion
dont think its to difficult to drive dsg if i remember correctly when the third beep comes u floor it and hold on to the steering wheel so dont think driving skills is the prob. If that is the prob i will be more then happy to drive boostins car in this race :) and when it comes to tq dbgti11 car is very torqhy. whenever were in his car and he floors it the pull back is there. ive driven vehicles tuned by APR Revo and Uni and i can say Revo has an immense amount of tq more then uni and apr. Uni has good tq in some rpms not all around like revo but uni is great on power delivery. APR just feels dull to me. i mean im sure the power is there but feel it more as a linear graph instead of a exponential graph

I wonder why APR is the most popular flash by like 80% then? :iono:

APR FTW

DBGTI11

Ready to race!
Its called marketing....

No other tuner markets as much as they do.

Do you see Revo or Unitronic or GIAC on the forums 24/7 talking about their products?

Search any thread about a tune or intake or intercooler and you can bet in the first page or first 10 posts you'll find an APR Sponosor saying "our intercooler has the largest surface area and also showed and increase in power and no lag on a stock turbo stock boost GTI"

Without all this marketing you would have no idea which tune or product to get unless you know someone personally that has what you want.

jackgti1

Go Kart Champion
APR has many more features with their flashes, and I don't believe Revo allows you to switch the flash off yourself with the cruise control code?

CodeB4U

Go Kart Champion
APR has many more features with their flashes, and I don't believe Revo allows you to switch the flash off yourself with the cruise control code?

:threadjacked::threadjacked:

BUDLIGHT HERE...... WE....... GO....... !!!!

SFvalleyGTi1

Go Kart Champion
That's exactly what I want to do

No point in doing a dig and a dyno would be expensive unless we get a deal

I want to do 20-120

35-120 and 40-120+

It's that easy but he won't go for it

20mph too slow... we get wheel spin at that speed. Anything about 120mph is just asking for trouble.

If he won't do it then hopefully you can find someone else.

chippedgti

Go Kart Champion
I wonder why APR is the most popular flash by like 80% then? :iono:

APR FTW

Because they have a aggressive and overbearing marketing strategy that makes fan boys like you make them the most popular tune. Never lost to an Apr car. Tell me how many representatives of Apr on this forum who are active compared to revo and uni.

DBGTI11

Ready to race!
What's point of switching it off?

Exactly there is no point....

APR fan boy statement : "oh so it's not detectable by my dealer or anything"

No if a dealer really wanted to they can find it..

DBGTI11

Ready to race!
20mph too slow... we get wheel spin at that speed. Anything about 120mph is just asking for trouble.

If he won't do it then hopefully you can find someone else.

Nooo both of us have good tires so it isn't too low

And the lower the roll the harder you come back up top

Plus there is no one else! The only other APR guy is stick

chippedgti

Go Kart Champion
Don't bother Kareem they will always think Apr is the best who ever wants to run us and prove us wrong let them ask us everyone knows we never turn down a run