GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Winter Tire Pressure

K-WMk6

Passed Driver's Ed
hey bro... what area of kw are you in... what color?

have you tried nitrogen in your winters? makes a big difference because your tires dont change pressures when they heat up. so you set it to a higher pressure and then call it good... you dont have to drive on cold sloppy tires that havent heated up to driving temp yet...

Good advice...I will have to try that. I live near DT Kitchener, Carbon Steel 2010...hbu?

reelknead1

Go Kart Champion
You put winter tires on in Houston?

lol no, i recently moved to CT. I should change my location i guess. That might confuse a few people.

I also put mine at 40psi this afternoon and they feel much better then they did at 36. The car would walk all over the place at 36, although they are not sport tires they should be fine for the winter and it will just make me like my new summer tires that much better come spring.

fredf

Go Kart Champion
hey bro... what area of kw are you in... what color?

have you tried nitrogen in your winters? makes a big difference because your tires dont change pressures when they heat up. so you set it to a higher pressure and then call it good... you dont have to drive on cold sloppy tires that havent heated up to driving temp yet...

Um, not quite. Save your money. Consumer reports found that tires filled with nitrogen lost 1.3 psi more over ONE YEAR compared to regular air (which is 78% nitrogen anyway).

Yes nitrogen maintains its pressure a bit more consistently that air but you won't notice this on a daily driver.

You simply have to check tire pressure regularly and keep your tires topped up. If you want to pay for nitrogen to save a pound a year, it's your money.

Heartagram131

Go Kart Champion
im over by sunrise...

^ive heard all the BS that it doesnt do anything... you wont believe it until you try it. the pressure consistance is the cats ass IMO... i have nitro in my winters and i love it. i dont think its necessary for summers tho. oh PS and its 5bucks when they mount the tires and free top ups as needed (only done once when i set the pressure too low when i had them put on)

:)