GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

WTB: TSI / CCTA engine for 2011 GTI

v-dug

Go Kart Champion
Anyone have a lead on a good, maintained CCTA engine? I just moved to Phoenix AZ last week and this week my GTI has a bent valve that impacted the piston. Yes, I switched to the 91 octane tune, no idea what happened but I'm SOL as I've been out of work for a while and we're buying a house here.

Anything local would be even better since we're down to one car and I need to get to work!

v-dug

Go Kart Champion
Thanks. I can't find anything on LQN, but I did find one on car-part here local (surprised). It's a CCTA from a Tiguan with 55k miles - but now I'm getting cold feet on buying one from a shop that may never have seen it run.

I'd love to find one from a fellow enthusiast who upgraded or went a different route; granted I'd still be taking someone's word that it was a good engine.

Dealer is offering a reman'ed for $4700, I'm assuming that comes with a warranty (gotta get more details tomorrow). So that's more peace of mind, but that's also a huge price jump over the used.

I don't plan on dumping the GTI once I get the engine, I want something that's going to last. With a stage 1 tune.

ncsugray90

Ready to race!
Check the local Copart and find a wrecked one that is listed as runs and drives. You should be able to get a whole car for the same or less than what the dealer wants for a motor and then you can sell parts off of the donor to offset the cost. Just a thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

capn scooter

Passed Driver's Ed
Hello, I have a well maintained 2.0 to motor from a 2009 GTI with 80k-85k miles that Ive been sitting on for awhile but would sell. It was adult/enthusiast owned and ran flawlessly before removal. Problem is I'm on PA. PM me or for quicker response text me @ six10 7six4 50six9

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Hello, I have a well maintained 2.0 to motor from a 2009 GTI with 80k-85k miles that Ive been sitting on for awhile but would sell. It was adult/enthusiast owned and ran flawlessly before removal. Problem is I'm on PA. PM me or for quicker response text me @ six10 7six4 50six9
isnt that a FSI motor?

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie

havocsrt

Ready to race!
Anyone have a lead on a good, maintained CCTA engine? I just moved to Phoenix AZ last week and this week my GTI has a bent valve that impacted the piston. Yes, I switched to the 91 octane tune, no idea what happened but I'm SOL as I've been out of work for a while and we're buying a house here.

Anything local would be even better since we're down to one car and I need to get to work!
Let me know if you are selling your old engine, i may be interested if you would ship

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk