GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

You frequently jack up your car and worry about damages?

the bruce

Go Kart Champion
You frequently jack up your car and worry about damages?

Here's my suggestion: OEM Audi S3 jack pads :thumbsup:

The principle is easy:

A rubber is popped into an existing hole in the body and a plastic insert spreads and locks the rubber.
On front the plastic also covers the larger hole in the plastic trim (like the original cover did).

front:

rear:

Front before

Front after

Rear before

Rear after

Fitting instruction is German, but the picturs tell the complete story:

http://www.a3quattro-forum.de/pdf/Wagenheberaufnahme.pdf

parts numbers:

8N0 804 583 rubber (4 x)
8P0 802 845 cover left front (1 x)
8P0 802 846 cover right front (1 x)
8P0 802 847 cover left + right rear (2 x)

Use some wax spray to conserve the body and silicon to help slip in.

Not the same:

http://www.ecstuning.com/ES251835/

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?5110208-Do-These-Jack-Pad-Adapters-From-ECS-Really-Work

As you can see I prefer the S3 8P / TT 8J parts. Only these close the plastic trim!

Last edited:

the bruce

Go Kart Champion
If you lift your car often you will damage the original jack locations under your rocker/sill.
Sadly the garages damage it. If you take a look under your car you'll notice the positions
where they lifted your car.

the bruce

Go Kart Champion
ECS is just the second best option. ;)

It leaves an ungly hole in the plastic trim and you'll pick up lots of dirt. :thumbdown:

Not what you want. :(

The rear remains the same. You need just the different 8P0 front covers
to get the perfect solution the Audi S3 comes with from factory.

Last edited:

bmallicote

Passed Driver's Ed
where did you order these from?

wow, prices add up. I found everything on an Audi parts site, $141 + shipping. I wish I could find these on KefferVW.

Last edited:

Link

Ready to race!
the bruce, it is my understanding that these pads are designed to be used with 4-point lifts and not single-point hydraulic jacks. With that said, some members whom have these installed, have reported no problems while I've also read some people have bent the surrounding mounting area.

I'd still like to get a set just to have them installed in case my car does get lifted from these locations. I'm digging the S3 set more-so than the ECStuning kit.

the bruce

Go Kart Champion
Hello Link !!

Where did you read about people having specific issues? I already just read about
somebody heard about somebody having issues. For all of us (and my self) I'd like
to know about it if someone reported about bends.

Link

Ready to race!
Hello Link !!

Where did you read about people having specific issues? I already just read about
somebody heard about somebody having issues. For all of us (and my self) I'd like
to know about it if someone reported about bends.

Actually I just read the vwvortex thread you included in your first post. If you look at posts #8, #14 and #15 they discuss how the pinch-weld under the door sill is the preferred jacking point when not using the 4-point lift. Rather than having metal on metal contact however, there are "hockey puck" adapters they refer to.

TurtleJames

Go Kart Champion
I use a pinch weld adapter on my jack. Works great. Just removed the round one it came with and put this on. Check your jack first to see if you can even take off your original pad. Mine was held in by a c clip.

I ordered it from here. It's less than 10 bucks.

Link

Ready to race!
I use a pinch weld adapter on my jack. Works great. Just removed the round one it came with and put this on. Check your jack first to see if you can even take off your original pad. Mine was held in by a c clip.

I ordered it from here. It's less than 10 bucks.

I just measured the shaft on my low-pro jack adapter plate and it's 1" in diameter. I couldn't find the specs for the pinch weld adapter shaft diameter. Do you happen to know what are the measurements for this part? The dimensions listed on the website are only for the rectangular mating surface.