GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone else doing the Keto Diet?

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
I really only had to track foods, count calories and carbs and stuff for a couple of weeks. By that point, I knew what vegetables and foods are made up of what macros and I can swing it pretty well in my head. I only track on really busy days or really lazy days that I can't be assed to do head-math. But I my brain works that way, some people I know have to track everything or they lose it. YMMV :iono:

This site is the tits for newbies.

Go there and read the things.
this too. im in my 3rd week and i can pretty much judge what im gonna be at based on what i used. i still use the app though since i paid for it.

piesGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
this too. im in my 3rd week and i can pretty much judge what im gonna be at based on what i used. i still use the app though since i paid for it.

I'm getting pretty good at eyeballing portions and such as well. I don't use my scale nearly as much as I used to.

Sanderzzz

Go Kart Champion
What kind of weight loss are you guys averaging per week so far? Also what is your activity level like?

piesGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
What kind of weight loss are you guys averaging per week so far? Also what is your activity level like?

I'm down 3 pounds since last week (friday), 6/7 pounds down since last Sunday but I am normally only in maintenance mode. I don't really have excess weight to lose usually so I use it to lower body fat percentage while keeping lean muscle mass, as well as for the better concentration and focus, the improved moods and energy levels, and the lack of blood sugar crashes ever.

piesGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
ah word thanks. I just downloaded that myfitness app. Takes a lot of the guess work out. Not bad.

It does! You can set your own custom goals and change your macro ratios (super helpful) and it has a barcode scanner and everything. My only warning about that app is that some times the calories are WAY off for a food. So look at two or three of the suggestions and think rationally before you choose the one with the lowest calories =p

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie

I'm down 3 pounds since last week (friday), 6/7 pounds down since last Sunday but I am normally only in maintenance mode. I don't really have excess weight to lose usually so I use it to lower body fat percentage while keeping lean muscle mass, as well as for the better concentration and focus, the improved moods and energy levels, and the lack of blood sugar crashes ever.

I used to eat a lot of junk food and drink a lot of soda (like a lot like probably 6+ cans per day). Plus i ate a lot of crappy food before bed and would sometimes wake up during my sleep and eat a cookie with a glass of milk, you know typical fat guy stuff.

This Sunday that just passed was my 3 week mark of diet and exercise. I started at 236.6lbs and this morning i was 213lbs. So in 3 weeks with cutting out all that junk and soda especially im down 23.6lbs. (i did about 14-18lbs in my first week, cant remember exactly, mostly due to the soda/water weight) Ive def slowed down in weight loss so i think im done with all the initial weight loss i used to see like 1-3lbs per ever other day and now im seeing about .5lbs-.75lbs per day so roughly 3.5-5.25 lbs per week so far.
As you get into it and the more exercise/strength training your weight loss may slow down as your replacing muscle and its denser than fat but you will look more lean and cut as your body fat decreases. I strength train roughly 4-5 days per week. I need to step my cardio up i barely do 1 day of cardio per week total

just remember 5lbs of fat looks like half a watermellon where as 5 lbs of muscle looks like a regular sized apple.

So i started at 236.6 and my goal is to be around 185(or 50 lbs less) i was originally gonna stop at 195 but my buddy convinced me to push to 185.

Last edited:

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie

Here is a good portion to show you just how much fat takes up

Sanderzzz

Go Kart Champion
I don't know what my goals should be really. I have a muscular upper body but this huge beer gut too. Currently I weigh 187.

piesGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
I used to eat a lot of junk food and drink a lot of soda (like a lot like probably 6+ cans per day). Plus i ate a lot of crappy food before bed and would sometimes wake up during my sleep and eat a cookie with a glass of milk, you know typical fat guy stuff.

This Sunday that just passed was my 3 week mark of diet and exercise. I started at 236.6lbs and this morning i was 213lbs. So in 3 weeks with cutting out all that junk and soda especially im down 23.6lbs. (i did about 14-18lbs in my first week, cant remember exactly, mostly due to the soda/water weight) Ive def slowed down in weight loss so i think im done with all the initial weight loss i used to see like 1-3lbs per ever other day and now im seeing about .5lbs-.75lbs per day so roughly 3.5-5.25 lbs per week so far.

just remember 5lbs of fat looks like half a watermellon where as 5 lbs of muscle looks like a regular sized apple.

So i started at 236.6 and my goal is to be around 185(or 50 lbs less) i was originally gonna stop at 195 but my buddy convinced me to push to 185.

Cutting out the junk food was great, but the soda is the bread and butter so to speak. That stuff is deadly, good for you on breaking that habit!

The first weight you shed is water that’s stored with glycogen in your muscles, if I remember correctly. Your first two weeks will be super exciting, lots of weight lost and then it evens out once that excess water has been released and the glycogen stores have been burned (which your body will go through before it starts making the switch to burning fat for fuel). Exercise definitely helps keep things moving along, but even without it you will lose weight on a keto diet because of the switch to burning fat as a main source of fuel. Provided your calorie deficit is enough, that is.

My body fat percentage right now is probably only around 20-22% (being away from the gym for 4 weeks definitely means that some of my lean mass has been reduced), but since I’m back to keto full time and I’ll be back at the gym next week, I imagine I’ll be back down to 19% in no time.

Want less of a gut? Pants to fit better? Car to be faster? Better gas mileage? Flocks of sexy ladies? Etc etc etc ;)

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
I don't know what my goals should be really. I have a muscular upper body but this huge beer gut too. Currently I weigh 187.

I would start there. Do you know what your body fat percentage is? I guesstimated mine to be around 30-35%

I really only started this diet because i knew i was fat and out of shape and got tired doing pretty much anything.. walking from the office to the back of my warehouse would cause me to be slightly winded. I couldnt run for more than 20-30 seconds. I mainly did this to build my stamina and look better.

I have been in ketosis for a couple weeks now but it seems like i only see results on the scale the days after i go to the gym.. like the last 2 days were rest days and im showing a 1lb increase(yes yes i know your body fluctuates like 4-8lbs per day). but on days i go to the gym and weigh myself the next morning i always see results on the scale lol. I would def say a healthy diet is about 70% of the work but exercise does play a good 30% of the results too.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Yeah i know im out of the "honey moon" phase being in the third full week of it so now im down to actual fat/weight loss and not the water/glycogen shedding quickly AF.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
I think I'm doing something wrong. This myfitness app is telling me that I'm not eating enough. I haven't really changed the amounts that I've been eating. Why am I fat if I'm not eating enough lol. I think this app might be way off in terms of how many calories etc are in each food. I'm also feeling malnourished but I'm following everything that I'm reading to a T. Headache hasn't gone away the last few days, I'm sure I'm drinking enough water. It's probably the lack of sugar that's giving me the headache.

Kinda discouraged at the moment.

Sanderzzz

Go Kart Champion

Keto breakfast. 500 calories, 2 carbs.