GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

07 MS3 vs. Stage 1 GTI

APdubbin

Ready to race!
So ever since i got my GTI my buddy has been runnin his ricer mouth about his Mazda and how much faster it is than mine. I know this is true unfortunately so ive been using the line, "just wait till my tune". And im wondering if we can even take a MS3 with a stage 1 APR tune? I dont wanna look like a fool after all this build up. Until then im using every excuse in the book to not race him stock.....
:(

So any stage 1er's get a kill off one of these?

As u can see he is proud of it.... fag.

DRedman451

Go Kart Champion
no you probably wont win unless he is a terrible driver...the turbo on the ms3 is about the same size as a K04...stg 2 he would put down over 300whp/tq

your only chance is to make him chase you through traffic for a while to try to get his turbo heat soaked

DJEuphoria

Go Kart Champion
lol i'm in the exact same situation...

my buddy with his stage 2 mazda 3 has been giving me shit about my car before i even bought it.

i've come to terms with the fact that i won't beat him, my car gets more attention at meets than his though ;)

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
Who cares if the MS3 is faster. Have you driven one?

APdubbin

Ready to race!
lol Euphoria, yeah i guess i just gotta settle to be the pretty boy unless i get that sexy K04

and yeah i have daniel, its nothing compared to our wonderful car in any department except for that beast they have under the hood.

Also hes got a slipping clutch, its worn. So that could give me an edge too.

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
Exactly, they have to deal with crappy motor mounts, wheel hop and insane torque steer so it doesn't matter who is quicker. We don't live our lives at the track doing 1/4 mile runs.

APdubbin

Ready to race!
^^^ hahahahaha

Cannon03

Ready to race!
Exactly, they have to deal with crappy motor mounts, wheel hop and insane torque steer so it doesn't matter who is quicker. We don't live our lives at the track doing 1/4 mile runs.

I'm guessing you don't have a car buddy where you guys give each other shit trying to one up each other...in a friendly way of course. :)

So ever since i got my GTI my buddy has been runnin his ricer mouth about his Mazda and how much faster it is than mine. I know this is true unfortunately so ive been using the line, "just wait till my tune". And im wondering if we can even take a MS3 with a stage 1 APR tune? I dont wanna look like a fool after all this build up. Until then im using every excuse in the book to not race him stock.....
:(

lol i'm in the exact same situation...

my buddy with his stage 2 mazda 3 has been giving me shit about my car before i even bought it.

i've come to terms with the fact that i won't beat him, my car gets more attention at meets than his though ;)

I know how you guys feel. I have a car buddy and we give each other shit all the time. He just picked up a E92 M3. I always tell him how fast his car is and then remind how I'm still quicker around a track. :cool:

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
I'm guessing you don't have a car buddy where you guys give each other shit trying to one up each other...in a friendly way of course. :)

I still moderate 2 Mazda forums and the MS3 guys in my local club have never tried to race me. But they know I'm not the racing type of guy.

Actually, the threads on my global Mazda forum where people are comparing the MS3 to the GTI, they give the GTI a really healthy dose of respect.

APdubbin

Ready to race!
Stage 2 it is then haha this spring fo sho