GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

intermittent no start issues

12Mk6Gti

Ready to race!
I'd love to sell and just get rid of but I have full k04 and all supporting mods I'd lose so much I'd rather spend money and keep it I like the car this is just my only issue with it haha

GunMetalGTI

Go Kart Champion
Same here dude....same boat lol. Got everything done. I'm actually headed from work to the exhaust shop just a min just to mess around with it more. I have one more apt to get into the shop and install a few more supporting mods for suspension and whatnot and then I'm done.

But just to double check...you actually replaced your in-tank fuel pump and the module as well already?

Thanks,

12Mk6Gti

Ready to race!
Same here dude....same boat lol. Got everything done. I'm actually headed from work to the exhaust shop just a min just to mess around with it more. I have one more apt to get into the shop and install a few more supporting mods for suspension and whatnot and then I'm done.

But just to double check...you actually replaced your in-tank fuel pump and the module as well already?

Thanks,

Yes I just replaced my in tank fuel pump the module on the top the high pressure pump the cam follower and the fuel pressure sensor and the fuel filter.

Last edited:

GunMetalGTI

Go Kart Champion
mine just did it again the one time I have even tried to start it warm in weeks.. Car fucking sucks dude. Then the code for the intake manifold P02015 came back on. I'm on my third or fourth manifold. I've literally lost count. This car is a piece of shit. Starting issues and a manifold that doesn't function because of a god damn switch. VW can't even fix it because the part is so cheap and they over engineered it. I love having to go back to the dealer for this bs every 6 months while my car still doesn't start properly. I'd sell and jump ship but I have too much in it and its paid off, I would get totally screwed. I'm going to try and get the IE manifold when it comes out. Pretty much the only way to fix this car is to replace every fucking part on it. I'm sure the timing chain tensioner or water pump will go when I'm all done though.

12Mk6Gti

Ready to race!
Let me know how you like the ie intake manifold if my car gets fixed I will be buying that for when I go water meth

12Mk6Gti

Ready to race!
I have been talking to john at unitronic and he had me go to my shop and have them put revision 0020 having (0010) he said there is a tsb for a no start issue that revision 0020 fixes what version are you running

mr.zeros

Ready to race!
Changed out my fuel pump today,

No dice. Exact same performance as before.
*edit* I mean, when the engine temperature is warm (but not full warm) it will sputter and misfire after starting it, until you stab the gas pedal

I did not buy the fuel pump controller, so maybe that is faulty. I'm not sure I want to fork out another $175 for the controller.

*edit* test drove a Fiesta ST. Fun car!

12Mk6Gti

Ready to race!
I'd say I'd send you mine but not sure if mines bad or not lol and don't know if there's a way to test it besides just plugging it in

mr.zeros

Ready to race!
Guys I finally fixed the intermittent starting problem!

Check out the solution !