GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

intermittent no start issues

GunMetalGTI

Go Kart Champion
I've had the in tank pump and the module replace for about three weeks now and haven't had one issue guys. That looks to be the problem. Also when I got the parts, both the module and pump had revised numbers/ revised parts. No random no starts when warm so far.

NBACousinVinnie

Ready to race!
I had this happen a few times since I bought my GTI in Dec. 2013.

The dealership said there is an issue when you are running errands for example, and start and stop the car many times in a relatively short period of time.

Something to do with excess fuel not getting burned off, and creating a problem on restarts.

12Mk6Gti

Ready to race!
Well don't see how cuz the way I drove that car I was surprised there was fuel in the tank lol

Cuz racecar

crazyasamexican

Thread revival, having the same issue as those mentioned above, wondering if there's a unicorn out there that solved the problem? Replaced the LPFP control module and car sputtered and stalled on first start afterwards.

Am I going to be forced to sell the car? :confused:

Allchokedup

Autocross Champion
With 20k miles on it I wouldn't touch it! Call the dealer tell them come pick the damn thing up and bring a "R" for a rental until they fix yours. You are paying a substantial amount of money for that car and I would take full advantage of the warranty..

crazyasamexican

Thread revival, having the same issue as those mentioned above, wondering if there's a unicorn out there that solved the problem? Replaced the LPFP control module and car sputtered and stalled on first start afterwards.

Am I going to be forced to sell the car? :confused:

Took the car to the dealer a few weeks ago, stalled in their bay. Tech measured fuel pressure before the HPFP at less than 4 bar. Bought the pump at O'reily, changed it myself, so far so good. $140 diag + $160 Fuel pump + $140 module i couldn't return. Hope it helps anyone having this issue