GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

My CSG 2-door with gunmetal CC Interlagos

MAGICGTI

Poor judgement on my part curbed my driver's side Denvers, badly. Using this as an excuse to get nice wheels, I found a rough set of CC Interlagos on Craigslist, scooped them up on the cheap, and got to refinishing them myself.

After realizing that it wasn't going to happen on my own due to limited patience and technical abilities, I decided that I had too much into the project to abandon them, so I dropped them off at the refinisher, expecting to spend $400 tops to fix curbing and two fairly-damaged wheels.

That $400 idea turned into $1000, as all four ended up being slightly bent and needed refinishing anyways. Throwing caution, and my bank account balance, to the wind I decided to go the full Monty and have them done in a custom color. I gave Ye Olde Wheel Shop in Elkridge, MD the color code of United Grey but a month later, I think they're closer to CSG but I don't care, I was worried that UG was too silver and stockish.

My GTI is lowered on H&R Sport springs, with factory shocks.

Onto the cell pics:

Goodbye Mr. Sunshine-on-my-Goddamn-shoulder Denvers

Skywarp23

Ready to race!
OK, that looks absolutely AWESOME!! I love the Interlagos, and would really love a set on my CSG GTI. I was wanting silver ones, but after seeing this, I'm not so sure anymore. Very nice!!!

DRedman451

Go Kart Champion
looks great, it would look great on my car too haha....ye olde wheel shoppe is the best place for anything to do with wheels in this area...plus my buddy has a hook up to pass on to me haha

D

Deleted member 103021

are they clean? they look really dirty (maybe thats just the color....)

kthor7031

Go Kart Champion
Those look so good on CSG. I want..

Grownman

Ready to race!
Damn, excellent job! Not only do the rims looks sick, but that drop is exactly what I'm looking for too!

MAGICGTI

Thanks for the positive comments, it looks absolutely mean in person. Just perfect, I love it. Even women who don't care about cars have said something

ksing44

Ready to race!
My GTI is lowered on H&R Sport springs, with factory shocks.

Your car really does look great!!! I wanted to ask you a few questions if you don't mind answering.

Questions
  1. Do you think your car feels bouncy at all with the H&R Sport springs and the stock shocks?
  2. Would you say you have a symmetrical drop, i.e., is the gap in the front the same as the gap in the rear and is the gap on one side of the car the same as the gap on the other side of the car? If it is off, by about how much at the different wheels?
  3. Have you actually measured the distance from the ground to the lip of the fenders? If so, what are the measurements front and rear and on both sides of the car?

I'm asking because I think I would like to try the H&R Sport springs. Initially, it would be nice if I could use my stock TDI shocks which are supposed to be part of a kind of OEM sport suspension set-up. I will likely get new Bilstein Sport or Koni Yellow shocks down the road, but it would be nice to be able to use the stock shocks for a while if it isn't terrible.

I'm also worried about the symmetrical drop. I know coils would allow for the adjustment, but I don't want coils after reading some bad stories even about some of the most expensive coilovers. Of course there are good reports too, but often the coils have only been on the car for a year or two or maybe less. I would like to have something that would last and I think quality springs with quality shocks just have to be more reliable than any adjustable coils system. I also don't intend to adjust anything on the car, except the initial set-up. If the first set-up is fine, then the adjustment will be a needless waste of money and a likely place for failure.

Thank you for your help!!!

dragonslayer33101

Ready to race!
they look sick :thumbsup:

xHeartcoreboyx

IceCream GTI
Wheels look great, i hated the chrome ones on the rocco in the dealer, but gunmetal looks great.

Your car really does look great!!! I wanted to ask you a few questions if you don't mind answering.

Questions
  1. Do you think your car feels bouncy at all with the H&R Sport springs and the stock shocks?
  2. Would you say you have a symmetrical drop, i.e., is the gap in the front the same as the gap in the rear and is the gap on one side of the car the same as the gap on the other side of the car? If it is off, by about how much at the different wheels?
  3. Have you actually measured the distance from the ground to the lip of the fenders? If so, what are the measurements front and rear and on both sides of the car?

I'm asking because I think I would like to try the H&R Sport springs. Initially, it would be nice if I could use my stock TDI shocks which are supposed to be part of a kind of OEM sport suspension set-up. I will likely get new Bilstein Sport or Koni Yellow shocks down the road, but it would be nice to be able to use the stock shocks for a while if it isn't terrible.

I'm also worried about the symmetrical drop. I know coils would allow for the adjustment, but I don't want coils after reading some bad stories even about some of the most expensive coilovers. Of course there are good reports too, but often the coils have only been on the car for a year or two or maybe less. I would like to have something that would last and I think quality springs with quality shocks just have to be more reliable than any adjustable coils system. I also don't intend to adjust anything on the car, except the initial set-up. If the first set-up is fine, then the adjustment will be a needless waste of money and a likely place for failure.

Thank you for your help!!!

I will also benefit from the OP's reply on this one!