GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

planning on getting a tune at waterfest

MK6BRO

Passed Driver's Ed
I heard that they're doing tunes for 599 so i figured i'd get a stage 1 tune. i live about 2.5 hours from englishtown and plan on getting an apr tune down there. i was just wondering how my clutch would hold up. i realize that it could start slipping immediately, would it be able to hold up about a week or so of me driving while i order the new clutch and set up an appointment.

67k miles
no other mods on my car except a muffler delete

EastKingZ

Ready to race!
Yes, you will be able to drive it just fine if it starts to slip. It's only after ~3k that it will slip if you drive hard but it will eventually catch if you ease off the gas.

simpson110

Ready to race!
Not to get off topic but what are you going down and where in ct are you coming from. I'm heading down Sunday if you're looking to cruise down. I'm from Wallingford. About 10 minutes north or new haven.

Anyway clutch may or may not slip but like said before only if you beat on it.

zrickety

The Fixer
X2. My car slipped immediately after stage 1, I just let off when it starts to happen. 60k later, still on the stock clutch.

MK6BRO

Passed Driver's Ed
Excellent! Thank you guys, I feel good about getting the tune now.

Not to get off topic but what are you going down and where in ct are you coming from. I'm heading down Sunday if you're looking to cruise down. I'm from Wallingford. About 10 minutes north or new haven.

Anyway clutch may or may not slip but like said before only if you beat on it.

I am going down for Sunday as well! I'm coming from Naugatuck, shoot me a PM and we could figure out a time.

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
Depends how well you drive your car and if your not the first owner, how much abuse was put it on it already by the previous. I bought my car new. I'm now Stage 2 and I've yet to have slippage since tuning it in early May. I was also on old Stage 1 prior for over a year.

MK6BRO

Passed Driver's Ed
Depends how well you drive your car and if your not the first owner, how much abuse was put it on it already by the previous. I bought my car new. I'm now Stage 2 and I've yet to have slippage since tuning it in early May. I was also on old Stage 1 prior for over a year.

I bought it last year with 39k on it, it is a one owner, 2011 car.

GTIROCKet

Ready to race!

I bought my car used with 19k on it and had a stage 1 tune on it at 500 miles and I went stage 2 and it lasted me 12k miles until the new apr update came out then, it wasn't holding for shit, now I have a southbend stage 2 daily and I couldn't be happier with it

EastKingZ

Ready to race!
I bought my car with 22k on it, 1 owner who was an older gentlemen who babied the car but could have really worn the clutch down without trying. I went stage 1+ and started slipping immediately in 4th and 5th. I think it's really hit or miss. I just ordered all the parts for the DIY RSR clutch so we will see how it holds.