GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

pdan

Ready to race!
Thanks, anyone have rotors so rusted they refuse to come off?? I blasted both sides with penetrator spray and let it sit and took a mallet to both sides and they refuse to come off. It’s just the 2 caliper bolts and that torx holding them on right??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tony48

Go Kart Champion
Use a hammer and tap all the way around the hub while you rotate it. That's where the corrosion forms and causes it to get stuck. The hammer will help break the corrosion loose. Alternate with hitting the back of the rotor (continue to rotate so it comes straight off).

Pro tip: lightly screw in a lug bolt or two so the rotor doesn't fall on your foot when it finally breaks free.

pdan

Ready to race!
Thanks for the advice, after waaaaay to long both came off. Brakes went on pretty easily, I think they went on correctly ha. Now it seems there are 2 bleed nozzles on each brake, and the only other thing is snapping the lines back in place is a little annoying to try and reconfigure

Tony48

Go Kart Champion
Thanks for the advice, after waaaaay to long both came off. Brakes went on pretty easily, I think they went on correctly ha. Now it seems there are 2 bleed nozzles on each brake, and the only other thing is snapping the lines back in place is a little annoying to try and reconfigure

Outside bleeder first then inside. Repeat procedure after both look good.

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Just knocked out an oil change and put my new endlinks on. I'm reallyyyyy hoping they don't start clunking again because they look to be adjusted perfect and everything is tightened down completely. Can see here there is plenty of space between both the axle and the control arm.

torga

Autocross Champion
Installed Dieselgeek's First Gear Getter today. Have to let the RTV cure for a day, so I'll report with thoughts tomorrow. Removing the shifter arm pivot retainer is a PITA. Here's more of a write-up.

93serprise

Ready to race!
Discovered that my steering wheel telescopes in and out after 5 years of ownership.....lmao.

torga

Autocross Champion
Discovered that my steering wheel telescopes in and out after 5 years of ownership.....lmao.

:lol:

No sweat. Took me 2 years to find the cup holder in my Celica.

PhthaloType

Go Kart Champion
It took about a year/year and a half to accidentally discover my RNS315 had more than six satellite radio presets.

93serprise

Ready to race!
Replaced spark-plugs with brand new NGK brk8’s gapped to .24 after swapping back over to my Unitronic k04 tune from Stratified....feels sooooo smooth and fast. Love it.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Took her out for a good 6 hour drive up past Reading, PA. Did some nice highway driving and PA back road driving. Can’t get enough, I just want to keep driving her.

ChrisAttebery

Drag Racing Champion
I tried to get the camber on the front of my car balanced out but I came to the conclusion that my garage floor isn’t flat enough to get any better than within 1/2 degree. I’ll take it in for a real alignment this week.

I’ve only driven it a little since I installed the camber plates, LCA bushings and zeroed the toe but the front end feels a little freer. I’m not getting as much wheel hop on launch either.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
I tried to get the camber on the front of my car balanced out but I came to the conclusion that my garage floor isn’t flat enough to get any better than within 1/2 degree. I’ll take it in for a real alignment this week.

I’ve only driven it a little since I installed the camber plates, LCA bushings and zeroed the toe but the front end feels a little freer. I’m not getting as much wheel hop on launch either.

sounds like you need one of these babies

Blakcard

Autocross Newbie
Went to get my rear left bearing installed, then ended up getting my right rear brake caliper re-built. Oh and new rear pads/rotors cause the dragging brake took a shit on my stop tech slotted rotor..... so i sd eff it and put on the Zimmerman's. sigh.

Least the howling is all gone.

Plus side got to see Mario's R up close and personal. Lot's of work went into that beast..