GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Big Turbo Discussion Thread #2

kern417

Go Kart Champion
yeah i can see the design looks different and may not sit in the head properly. i was curious when i installed my injectors if i needed to install them in a certain orientation because i couldn't tell. so i just installed them at a slight angle similar to oem. idk if the spray pattern is that critical with the LDK design.

kern417

Go Kart Champion
so my misfires seem to be caused by the MAF. There aren't any actual misfire codes but above 5k i get a p0101 code. it actually shows it triggered at 4600. I've seen it in the past but dismissed it as an issue from running with the MAF unplugged while testing my 02/fueling/etc. but seems like even with it plugged in i get the code. i also swapped plugs, removed the apr fuel pump, and moved my air flow straightener closer to the maf (trying to make it similar to oem). without logs i won't know for sure what's happening when the misfires start.

if the fuel pump controller was overheating would it cause a miss or would the car shut off completely?

vwgti2.0t

Go Kart Champion
When my controller would overheat the car would just shut off. Turn the key off, wait 10-15 seconds and start it again. Controller would be so hot you couldn't even touch it.

But, if you're running the stock intank with the stock controller there is minimal chance you are overheating the controller.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kern417

Go Kart Champion
no i have the upgraded hfp pump in an fsi basket and ditched the apr one completely. i tested it for a while and it got warm but never hot. i guess because i have no back seat insulating it.

i'm going to pull the head because i'm still bugging about it. hopefully i don't find anything too catastrophic. i guess it can't be that bad if i was able to drive it for so long.

wndwsdwngti860

Upsidedown
speaking of lpfp.

does anyone with the TTRS throw a fuel pump relay soft code with this?

working on possibly ditching this for the pm3 just waitinf to hear back from TB

a3scott20

Ready to race!
speaking of lpfp.

does anyone with the TTRS throw a fuel pump relay soft code with this?

working on possibly ditching this for the pm3 just waitinf to hear back from TB

Yeah I got two after UNI LPFP (TTRS LPFP) included controller installed.

012403 - Fuel Pump Circuit
P3073 - 004 -Electrical Malfunction

01259 - Fuel Pump Relay (J17)
009 - Open or Short to Ground

Pump fuse burnt after a few hard driving, had to use bigger fuse to avoid that issue. I changed back to stock as I didn't see any difference with LPFP upgrade.

wndwsdwngti860

Upsidedown
Yeah I got two after UNI LPFP (TTRS LPFP) included controller installed.

012403 - Fuel Pump Circuit

P3073 - 004 -Electrical Malfunction

01259 - Fuel Pump Relay (J17)

009 - Open or Short to Ground

Pump fuse burnt after a few hard driving, had to use bigger fuse to avoid that issue. I changed back to stock as I didn't see any difference with LPFP upgrade.

yup those are the exact 2 i got. which fuse kept blowing? 40amp in the engine bay?

vwgti2.0t

Go Kart Champion
I have my power and ground wired direct through the battery and a relay that's triggered through the stock LPFP controller harness. Never blew a fuse and don't throw any soft codes.

drepai

Go Kart Champion