GOLFMKV

Big Turbo Discussion Thread #2

ErBall

Measurement Mogul
This does wonders too!

the hell is going on with your HPFP?

wndwsdwngti860

Upsidedown
That's just poor fitment. I've got an APR intercooler and a TyrolSport radiator and mine clears my Neuspeed throttle pipe. Not a mark on it. Maybe your fan is jacked up and out of balance and spins wonky when it goes high speed.

with the IE intake manifold and Audi 3.2L throttle body its SUPER tight not much room for any activities there

drepai

Go Kart Champion
Yea the mishimoto would be 14" for the latger and 12" for the smaller. what makes them even better is they are not exposed so (like ive encountered once without knowing) you wont have to risk the throttle body pipe getting sliced open by the fan.

and yea way more output from these. just did a set on my buddys fox body mustang. used to sit a little over 190 on the gauge at idle and now hangs out around 175/180 at idle.

wtf

This does wonders too!

wtf

wtf

wndwsdwngti860

Upsidedown
Yea def weird your plastic fan sliced an aluminum pipe, but why the big throttle body?

i forget the name of the physics law that makes this possible but yup it happened.

improves throttle response with the larger manifold and leas lag between shifts. 75mm plug and play (to an extent). needs a slight extension so the silicone wont pop off and the mounting holes made about 3/8" more shallow to allow stock hardware to be used

kern417

Go Kart Champion
ok i'm getting my head wrapped around it. looks like the mount is fabbed off the intake. what about the lower bolt(s) and how is the high pressure line routed

Soo.... this HPFP is answer to our fueling needs? wtf?

also that block off on africa plate.. wtf? why? how? tell me more...

vwgti2.0t

Go Kart Champion
ok i'm getting my head wrapped around it. looks like the mount is fabbed off the intake. what about the lower bolt(s) and how is the high pressure line routed

The mount you see is just holding the intake up.
That hard line is the low pressure line. The braided line is the high pressure line to the rail. It looks just bolt on.