GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Official Cool Story Bro Thread

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
I'm not bashing MK7's at all. Hope you didn't take it the wrong way. I just find it funny some people think their cars are so much better just because it's newer. I can see if his was modified and whatnot...but it's buttnaked stock. Plus, it was a 6-lane street with pedestrians jaywalking and cars pulling in and out of traffic. He's lucky his ass didn't hit anyone.

no im not offended no worries, cause i also witnessed that same sort of behavior on mk7's in my area as well. i even had one riding my ass. it's funny cause i never seen those behaviours with mk6's when i had mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

matty mk6

Ran a charger this past weekend. Must have been at least R/T though I feel like it was an SRT8. Had a Mopar badge on the fender as well. He was ahead of me in the left lane passing a car. He got around him and punched it I threw it into sport and went after him. We went to about 135 and I got right next to him before we ran out of room. I'm K04 and was already 3 hours into the drive in 90+ heat. Not to bad all things considered if he was srt8 and if he was r/t I might need a few more mods

iwannagofast

Not a Newbie
Ran a charger this past weekend. Must have been at least R/T though I feel like it was an SRT8. Had a Mopar badge on the fender as well. He was ahead of me in the left lane passing a car. He got around him and punched it I threw it into sport and went after him. We went to about 135 and I got right next to him before we ran out of room. I'm K04 and was already 3 hours into the drive in 90+ heat. Not to bad all things considered if he was srt8 and if he was r/t I might need a few more mods

I think the R/T Scatpack has the same engine as the 392 SRT, but the base model R/T has the 5.7L V8. I remember a couple of years ago when I was V2.1 K04 I ran an R/T with at least an exhaust and I pulled a couple of cars by 135 or 140. I know that since then, the 2015's have gotten faster and more powerful, so I'm willing to bet you ran a base model R/T since IMO the SRT is now out of our league.

XGC75

Go Kart Champion

I think the R/T Scatpack has the same engine as the 392 SRT, but the base model R/T has the 5.7L V8. I remember a couple of years ago when I was V2.1 K04 I ran an R/T with at least an exhaust and I pulled a couple of cars by 135 or 140. I know that since then, the 2015's have gotten faster and more powerful, so I'm willing to bet you ran a base model R/T since IMO the SRT is now out of our league.
It was a new R/T, no scat pack. I ran one with similar results: 70-100 I only gained about a half a car length. See the last page or so for my csb. I'm k04 as well. They've gotten much faster in the latest gen.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Last edited:

matty mk6

It was a new R/T, no scat pack. I ran one with similar results: 70-100 I only gained about a half a car length. See the last page or so for my csb. I'm k04 as well. They've gotten much faster in the latest gen.

after a little research and asking my passenger what he remembers we/ve come to the conclusion that it was a slighty older SRT8 charger. the 2012 comes to memory. either way 470 horse vs my little hatch, she did good.

syonxwf

Go Kart Champion
It's been Toyota mania lately, I just don't get it.

I've had a Camry on two separate occasions now, one being a late 90's, one being a mid 00's model, both try to take me on, both failing miserably. The new ones can be pretty quick, definitely no slouch, even the mid 00's model wasn't bad, but it's a tired engine now, and can't hang with a stage 2 GTI.

Couple days later I was in my wife's truck - Ram 1500 with the 400hp hemi, running cherry bombs - hauling a yard of beauty bark (~600lbs), when I get next to a late 90's corolla. I take off from the light, it's in tow/haul mode, and it's already loud, but it always sounds like you're punching it, when in reality I'm just trying to be on my way. But this lady looks over at me with this look like oh, so you wanna go?!...At that point I hear her engine go into maximum overdrive as she starts slowing accelerating forward. I couldn't help but giggle when I watch her face as I go WOT in that beast right next to her...she thought I was going, and then it got real loud :lol:

That happens pretty frequently in that truck though, it just sounds aggressive like you're taking off fast...had a guy in a 2004 545i that did the same thing; he had exhaust as well, he heard me start taking off from the light and decided to take that as challenge, thinking he was going to leave me behind. That tired 12 year old motor used to be quicker than what her truck can do, but I held dead even with the guy up to 75. He turned right as quick as he could, he was probably pretty irritated, the thing still had dealer plates on it :lol:

Good times and cool stories.

sauceman101

Ready to race!
It's been Toyota mania lately, I just don't get it.

That happens pretty frequently in that truck though, it just sounds aggressive like you're taking off fast...had a guy in a 2004 545i that did the same thing; he had exhaust as well, he heard me start taking off from the light and decided to take that as challenge, thinking he was going to leave me behind. That tired 12 year old motor used to be quicker than what her truck can do, but I held dead even with the guy up to 75. He turned right as quick as he could, he was probably pretty irritated, the thing still had dealer plates on it :lol:

Good times and cool stories.

A bro that used to work for my fathers construction company had a mid 00's hemi 1500 with all the basic boltons, his favorite pass time activity was smoking 4.6 3 valve mustangs from a roll by a bus lengths haha

TSI_Guy

Go Kart Champion

LOL

I posted a video of me racing my buddies '15 A/T Scat Pack a while ago and all I got was people saying something is wrong with my car, and that I should've walked him... people swear K04 is like the fastest thing on the street. I still get YouTube notifications of comments saying my car is broken, etc... :laugh: I lost by at least 2 cars and he was pulling.

I'm glad real world results are proving that people are fanboing way too hard.

zrickety

The Fixer
Lol. Many factors here. I think on a race track the outcome would be different. I'll find out in November.

syonxwf

Go Kart Champion
A bro that used to work for my fathers construction company had a mid 00's hemi 1500 with all the basic boltons, his favorite pass time activity was smoking 4.6 3 valve mustangs from a roll by a bus lengths haha

No doubt, they are deceptively quick. I want to put bolt on's and tune on her truck, she won't let me though :/
I keep telling her it'll fix the weird shifting issues she's having, but she's afraid the tranny will break and she'll be shit out of luck. :iono:

TSI_Guy

Go Kart Champion
Lol. Many factors here. I think on a race track the outcome would be different. I'll find out in November.

If you're talking about a straight line race, between a K04 and an SRT8/Scat Pack, I'd put my money on the Challenger...EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.

Assuming all things are equal.

BjxGTI

Ready to race!
I saw this brand new mustang with temporary tag still on the car driving like an ass and thinks that he's the king of the road the other day.

I think it's either the ecoboost or the v6 because it doesn't have the GT badge on the rear...

So needless to say I had to catch up with him and we did a pull from about 50-60, I pulled probably about a car length on him and hit the brakes at 120.

The reaction on his face was priceless [emoji23]

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
The problem with the Challengers is that the first gen srt8s were slow as balls. I drove one; thought my stage 1 felt faster. They're analogous to 3 valve mustangs. Only 4k of them made or something like that. The new SRT8s are beastly, though.

Also Frank your car is broken [emoji38]

TSI_Guy

Go Kart Champion
The problem with the Challengers is that the first gen srt8s were slow as balls. I drove one; thought my stage 1 felt faster. They're analogous to 3 valve mustangs. Only 4k of them made or something like that. The new SRT8s are beastly, though.

Also Frank your car is broken [emoji38]

Yes, my car is broken lol but this race was a while back and AFAIK it was running decent at the time. It did dyno 315whp/~330wtq on stock clutch and IC. So it wasn't too far off from other K04's.

I'm MT and my buddy was 8speed AUTO, so that also made a difference.

syonxwf

Go Kart Champion
Ended up running 2 SRT8 Challengers over the last 2 days. Both had exhaust, I'm sure that was the extent of their mods though.
First one was on the freeway, he got on the freeway behind me, but quickly jumped over to the other lane. I followed (cars were in the way in the right lane), and as soon as we got around the corner we both jumped it. We were both already doing about 75, I held with him to around 105 when we came up on another corner, hit another straight and hit it again. This time he started pulling at around 100 - I started about 4 cars behind him, and ended about 6-7 cars behind him by the time we hit around 120 (trust me, I know how dumb it was). Pretty happy with those results, little k03 is definitely running out of steam at those speeds compared to that big ole v8.

That guy didn't seem too happy, he refused to look at me after when I tried to give him a thumbs up.

Down low though, I was holding pretty well against the one I ran into this morning. Started off messing with a Magnum SXT, transformer edition (dodge emblem reaffixed to make sure you knew what it really was, in case you got confused). He went around the corner and as soon as I got next to him he punched it. Poor guy had no idea what was happening as I go past him burning my tires rubber off through second...he was pretty slow lol. I then catch up to a wonderful charger sxt (Those dodge sxt guys...just don't know what's best for them) - he was trying to get open road to get me to play, but then I see the SRT8 coming up behind me, so fuck the charger. I let the guy go past me, we cut through traffic for a bit until we get some open road. Doing about 35 he gets an opening to which I follow - he gave it about 50% as he cut through the opening, and then opened her up as soon as I was behind him. Those things are quick as fuck from 0-60 (well mostly 0-30 #BecauseCorrectWheelDrivePlusTraction), and eventually outrun us from 80 on, but from where we started at about 35 to when we had to kill it at 80, nah son, can't outrun this :p

Was a good time, thoroughly enjoyed it. Really wish now that my neighbor had kept his SRT8 Challenger so I could have run him...he always drove by and revved at me, pretty sure he'd have been surprised by how well our little german rice rocket can hang.