GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official Shadow Blue Golf/GTI Thread

JohnQQQ

Ready to race!
Shadow blue is the best color IMO, but god damn if that yellow marker doesn't look absolutely terrible against the blue lol

xandernik

Got them to wash it too! :w00t:

best pic ever :) :D

wait.... wheres the car....

the blue looks great in certain lighting, but others it doesnt sit well with me, but yea those orange markers gotta go!

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
losing the orange is one of the first things I did.

I dislike SB in this light (looks too purple)

Love it in this light (starts to look black)

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
Part of what I love about my Shadow Blue is the way the color varies depending on the light.
It can take on a purplish/black in some low light levels.
When it is clean and in the sun (see the Hooters Girl pics above) it can look heavily metallic.
Matter of fact, since I picked up my car in late Dec. and only ran out to it in the morning to take it to the train - only to get into it in the dark at the end of the day, I didn't realize just how metallic the car is 'till the temps started to warm up and I was able to get a better look at the car in the sun!

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
Part of what I love about my Shadow Blue is the way the color varies depending on the light.
It can take on a purplish/black in some low light levels.
When it is clean and in the sun (see the Hooters Girl pics above) it can look heavily metallic.
Matter of fact, since I picked up my car in late Dec. and only ran out to it in the morning to take it to the train - only to get into it in the dark at the end of the day, I didn't realize just how metallic the car is 'till the temps started to warm up and I was able to get a better look at the car in the sun!

davesxx01

Go Kart Champion
OK, you guys are right! Looking closer at my pic (and not the girls) that orange marker does look like crap. Guess I'll order the smoked one!

Gberg2119

Ready to race!
Some shadow blue with a little bit of CW. My camera is really horrible but it definitely looks better after this wash and wax than the day I picked it up.
DSCN0587.jpg

DSCN0593.jpg

DSCN0576.jpg

DSCN0579.jpg

DSCN0578.jpg

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
^^So lucky you don't have holes in your bumper.

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
^^Avant Guard M310's. Purchased from Ben@P2Spec (forum vendor).

Merelington

Ready to race!
Ugh I would love these on my Golf but I don't know if I would wanna go to 18"

I felt the same and was dead set on 17's but after 8 months of searching and waiting I pulled the trigger. I'll let you know how the ride is vs the stock 16" Golf alloys.