GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

You frequently jack up your car and worry about damages?

sgessler2011

Ready to race!
I have been using these since Christmas. I've had the car up to rotate tires, change to winter wheels and to install my catback exhaust. Last week i jacked rhe car up to phrograph the fumoto valve. I can verify zero bending or distortion around the ecs/VW jack points. The area where these jack pads are installed is a very robust area of the unibody.

Thumper

Autocross Champion
Ok, stupid question.

I plan to get these in the future but don't have the cash from them now. However, I was trying to do the fender screw mod today and needed to jack up the car.

How in the name of the gods do you get those OEM plastic covers OFF in the first place?? I have pulled and yanked until it is actually bent a little bit and warped. I tried turning it like it would unscrew.....nothing. I removed the plastic piece AROUND the cover with the torx screws for better access and still can't get it off.

If I had these S3 pads on order I would just cut the ridiculous things off, but I'm not at that point yet.

Stocktastic1

Go Kart Champion
Using the unibody frame rail and subframe is a much better solution.

Thumper

Autocross Champion
^^^
Thumper, did you ever manage to get the plastic covers off?

Nope. Probably a leverage thing? I dunno, Next time I have it up in the air I will try to get under them and just yank them off. Don't care if I destroy them at this point. Give me a good reason to buy these I guess :rolleyes:

Using the unibody frame rail and subframe is a much better solution.

My garage jacks will not reach the subframe. My old nasty one is too high to fit under the car. My low one from Harbor Freight won't go in far enough before the body hits on the rocker. And if it DID, that's the best place to put the jackstands....so....what do you do then? I used my factory jack to lift the car onto the jack stands to do my DP but that is NOT a solution for getting under there regularly.

Stocktastic1

Go Kart Champion
I normally jack from the frame rails at the tunnel, set stands on the subframe, and use the rear subframe to raise both rear wheels up at the same time. I set the rear on the "jack pad" points.

I used to use the rocker rails... until it fell of and dented my rocker. Which I still haven't fixed.

My low HF jack goes to the middle, but I'm stock height.

mrlapou

Ready to race!
A wooden block placed in the sill area works a treat.
Then use a soft pad on the jack.. hey preso no damage or expense.

the bruce

Go Kart Champion
:wosschilder980:

Credit

Ready to race!
Where can I buy these at? I did a google search and visited my local Audi Dealership. No luck.

Drakkar

Since the golf 2.5 and S3 have the same platform those jacking pads from Audi should fit/bolt on on my golf aswell?

Where did you get those? THey came with your car at purchase? Thx alot for your answer

the bruce

Go Kart Champion
Since the golf 2.5 and S3 have the same platform those jacking pads from Audi should fit/bolt on on my golf aswell?

That's why I posted it here. ;)

Where did you get those? THey came with your car at purchase?

Every Audi dealer should be able to provide spare parts.
If that's an issue, I'd ask ECS or another source on the web.

McQueen77

Banned
i bought a good set of rhino ramps and called it a day. plenty high for me to get under there and work. way easier than jacks/jackstands..