GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Any Track Rats Still Active?

smanierre

Autocross Champion
What was it you were trying to adjust? There's no adjustment by loosening that bolt unless you didn't have your coilover seated properly to begin with.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I was gonna try to spin the strut a bit so that the point where the endlink mounted was further forward because when the wheels are straight, that little arm that comes off is pointing slightly towards the back. I only re-used it once when doing the coilovers the first time, I think it was mainly the rust on it.

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
I was gonna try to spin the strut a bit so that the point where the endlink mounted was further forward because when the wheels are straight, that little arm that comes off is pointing slightly towards the back. I only re-used it once when doing the coilovers the first time, I think it was mainly the rust on it.

Never re use those. They need to be replaced EVERY time you take it off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Never re use those. They need to be replaced EVERY time you take it off.

It's been replaced now with a new OEM one and if I end up moving my suspension around i'll be getting some new ones from the dealer again

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
It's been replaced now with a new OEM one and if I end up moving my suspension around i'll be getting some new ones from the dealer again

Dealer is prolly the most expensive. Try shopDAP.com. They have a cheap front and rear install kit.

GridPizza

[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]

After taking my GTI Dominion bone stock, found I needed tires and brakes.

So I bought 245/40/17 RE71R's mounted to Motegi Traklites and Hawk HP+ pads/SS brake lines.

I'll be at Gingerman next weekend for Honda Meet, hopefully my GTI won't get crushed by the S2K's :thumbup:

Roadrunner_GTI

Drag Racing Champion
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]

After taking my GTI Dominion bone stock, found I needed tires and brakes.

So I bought 245/40/17 RE71R's mounted to Motegi Traklites and Hawk HP+ pads/SS brake lines.

I'll be at Gingerman next weekend for Honda Meet, hopefully my GTI won't get crushed by the S2K's :thumbup:

Looks good. :thumbsup:
What size Traklites did you go with? Yeah, Dominion can be a little hard on the brakes but it's a fun track. Not a fan of the Jersey Wall so close to the track though.

GridPizza

The Traklites are 17x8 +40.
Yeah the jersey wall is terrifying and the general lack of run-off area is concerning, but you've just gotta force yourself to look past it.

ebuuz

Go Kart Newbie

Would you guys track on these rotors? I was hoping to get another trac day or two out of them but went ahead and ordered new TTRS rotors because I don’t want a cracked rotor to ruin my track weekend. Audi OEM parts are rough on the wallet. Out $650 for a pair of rotors ..but better safe than sorry

Roadrunner_GTI

Drag Racing Champion

Would you guys track on these rotors? I was hoping to get another trac day or two out of them but went ahead and ordered new TTRS rotors because I don’t want a cracked rotor to ruin my track weekend. Audi OEM parts are rough on the wallet. Out $650 for a pair of rotors ..but better safe than sorry

I wouldn't, and honestly I'm not a fan of cross-drilled rotors for track use. They tend to wear pads faster and they crack (like you can see here). Why do you have to go OEM Audi? I would just go with Centric high carbon blank (125 Series) rotors, which are hard to beat for the price.

GridPizza

Agreed, I wouldn't track those rotors cracked liek that. The Centric high carbon blanks work great on the track; I used them on my Miata and now on my GTI.

ebuuz

Go Kart Newbie
I wouldn't, and honestly I'm not a fan of cross-drilled rotors for track use. They tend to wear pads faster and they crack (like you can see here). Why do you have to go OEM Audi? I would just go with Centric high carbon blank (125 Series) rotors, which are hard to beat for the price.

To my knowledge there are no aftermarket rotors for TT-RS bbk besides girodisc. The girodisc ones cost more upfront (1k) but are two piece so you can replace the rotor only for cheaper.

Just got these babies though. Thanks to fourseason for quick service.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic

Doubt Centric Blanks are available for this setup. Downside would be significant rotational weight gain because of the 370mm size. OEM are aluminum centers and iron outers, 2 piece but fixed. If this is a track setup, you want to go lighter as in Girodisc for enhanced performance.

clownish

just clowning around
Are you running this on a golf? Downsize the rotor to oem golf R size using the vagbramtechnik brackets and expand the potential rotors available. I run ttrs calipers on 2 golfs and doing this is a game changer. Saves some weight, 345(?) instead of 370mm rotors, many more replacement sizes in both 2 piece or regular, let’s you move the caliper a bit to fit more sizes and styles of wheels also.

There are some more options for ttrs aftermarket rotors that came out in the last few months. I forget brand - will have to look up.

zef

Drag Racing Champion

Had a blast at Palmer last week. Definitely one of the most fun tracks in terms of elevation change, blind apexes, and very close proximity of tire walls.