GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stratified Flash Tunes Released for the MK6 GTI

brobst

Go Kart Champion
Happened to me the other day, i think its just a super rich response. When I changed to a different tune file, it went away and didn't return.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

pdan

Ready to race!
Happened to me the other day, i think its just a super rich response. When I changed to a different tune file, it went away and didn't return.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Okay thanks, what tune file did you switch to?? I’d like to keep running my 93 but I’m switching off the crackles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Francoleon91

Drag Racing Champion
Hey guys just wanted to post this in case someone else has some other ideas.

Driving along and CEL light popped up, scanned it and came back with 2 codes:
P0145 O2 sensor Bank1 Sensor 3 Slow Response
P2275 O2 sensor Stuck Rich: Bank 1 Sensor 3

Cleared the codes so I'll see if they come back

Currently running a ECS tuning 3in catted downpipe on stratified 93 oct tune. I did check the box to code out any readiness codes. Prior to getting tuned I ran the downpipe with a spacer on the rear O2 sensor and I had a code come and go.

After getting tuned I just left the spacer on, but I had played with the O2 sensor a bit as I tried different jet sizes.

From what I read these could be busted O2 sensors, an exhaust leak somewhere or a crack somewhere closer to the turbo. Unfortunately I am not in a position to do a whole lot of rummaging around under the car, but I will at least probably order a new rear O2 sensor in case I damaged it pulling it off and on. I'm also CBFA.

Probably going to switch off of the Crackles tune, it was cool for a little bit but I'm wondering if its not too great for the exhaust system

dudeee, i get the same shit with my stratified 93tune...

pdan

Ready to race!
dudeee, i get the same shit with my stratified 93tune...

Have you replaced/checked anything yet??

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
bought a used AP tuner. gonna burn out my clutch, upgrade+replace that, then try these guys out. can't wait.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
bought a used AP tuner. gonna burn out my clutch, upgrade+replace that, then try these guys out. can't wait.
its about damn time Will.

smanierre

Autocross Champion
I cant wait to get a stratified tune, sadly I still got some upgrades to do before I pull the trigger.

Francoleon91

Drag Racing Champion
last night i finally got a new iteration (5th one) for my k04 and this time I asked alex if he could send me one without the crackles and now i miss them. car is so quiet lol. new tune felt better, quicker for sure and smoother on the low end than the previous one.

pdan

Ready to race!
Has anyone noticed reduced performance when switching from the crackles to the non crackles tune?? To my understanding it’s the same exact tune. I re-flashed yesterday just to see if it would help with the codes I got and driving to work this morning it didn’t seem to pull nearly as hard when I was getting onto the highway.

I know I probably should have taken some logs on the other tune but I forgot. Will try and log with this tune to see if it’s similar to the tune I sent for adjustment (with the crackles that they didn’t actually change).

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Pdan-

I switched to the non-crackles tune about 8 months or so ago and it felt the same to me(as in no performance difference) from what i can remember... Not sure though tbh it just got kind of annoying driving around the city all dayyyyyy with the crackles.

pdan

Ready to race!
Well, I’m slightly confused. Originally when I got the tunes emailed to me it looked like one of them had crackles on them, I think .lec or whatever the differentiation was, .nec or .lec

This is the tune I swapped to and to my shock after I gunned it yesterday loud crackles once again after I let off the throttle. It sounds pretty similar to the tune I had before. I don’t think it’s just the exhaust, im not catless so it shouldn’t snap like that without a tune I don’t think. I’ll take pictures of the tunes on my computer and on the accessport and upload to hopefully figure it out. When I emailed stratified they were a bit confused.