GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mad Codes Just Popped Up

lilfleck

Go Kart Champion
did you twist the O2 sensor wires during downpipe installs or remove the harness properly?

I did twist it when I added the spacer. That was months ago. But I see where your getting at. I think this is the one precat, not post cat. I checked the live voltage readings on the sensors and bank 1, sensor 2 is stuck at 1.3v and sensor 3 is functioning properly.

racinrabbit1

Ready to race!
sensor 1 is at the turbo, sensor 2 is the next one down, sensor 3 is post cat. Sounds like a dead o2 sensor or a spacer (if you have one) issue.

Sspcivic31

Drag Race Newbie
Hey I got your PM. I'm going to put this here in case anyone goes searching for help later on.
this is for the middle 02 sensor on CBFA car (2nd one after the turbo)
This is out of the factory quick reference guide:

1. DTC 1st line
  2. error message line 2
  3. Malfunction Criteria and Threshold Value line 3

1. P0036
  2. HO2S Heater Control Circuit (Bank 1, Sensor 2)
  3. Heater voltage 4.50 - 5.50 V

1. P0138
  2. O2 Circuit High Voltage (Bank 1 Sensor 2)
  3. Signal voltage > 1.08 V for > 5 Sec.

1. P0140
  2. O2 Circuit No Activity Detected (Bank 1 Sensor 2)
  3. Signal voltage
    • Signal voltage 0.40 - 0.60 V
    for > 3 Sec.
    • Sensor voltage load pulse vs.
    no pulse ≥ 2.80 V Internal resistance
    • > 40 K Ohms
    • Exhaust temperature > 600°C

1. P0141
  2. O2 Heater Circuit (Bank 1 Sensor 2)
  3. Heater circuit internal resistance 792 - 4560 Ohms

sounds like the wiring could be shorted going to it or the sensor has crapped out. pull the lower splash shield and take a look.

Eswin17

Ready to race!
Figured I would post my own in here since it is so similar. It is cold as all balls outside so I don't have an opportunity at the moment to check my O2 Spacer.

Torque App Results

P013A = Powertrain - Fuel and Air Metering - O2 Sensor Slow Response - Rich to Lean

I'm going to point Arin to this...it seems a few of these should not show up since I'm Stage 2?

Last edited:

lilfleck

Go Kart Champion
This turned out to be a faulty sensor. Check the orientation of your o2 sensors. Are they pointing down at all or horizontal? If down, then likely condensation/water ruined a sensor.

Eswin17

Ready to race!
This turned out to be a faulty sensor. Check the orientation of your o2 sensors. Are they pointing down at all or horizontal? If down, then likely condensation/water ruined a sensor.

I don't have a #2 O2 Sensor. I'm tuned with a Catted GHL downpipe - I have an O2 spacer.

MK6 Will

Passed Driver's Ed
Blown fuse, did you run anything over that could have cut or broke an 02 sensor wire that would aloud it to short to ground and pop a fuse? I've seen it a few times.

Edit- nevermind, I thought it had faults for both sensors

Sounds like a dead 02 sensor or a bad spacer setup

What would make for a bad spacer setup?