GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK8 Spied in Africa, What say you?

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
Damn, sounds like VW is just rebadging the R as a GTI, then starting from scratch on some awesome beast they'll dub the new R.
An R having 350hp puts it solidly in the leagues of the RS and Type R.

That's exactly the class they were aiming to target.

1ashchuckton

Autocross Champion
More nanny's more epa is sadly the way the world of cars is moving. I'm not a fan of all that, I'll be keeping my MK6 for a lot longer.

dustbunny227

Autocross Champion
More nanny's more epa is sadly the way the world of cars is moving. I'm not a fan of all that, I'll be keeping my MK6 for a lot longer.

I miss carbureted motors. Gonna need to pick me up a muscle car. Miss that smell.

alpha3

Go Kart Champion
at a glance, that looks alot better than other concepts ive been seeing, which make it look almost as ugly as the new jetta, which is horrible looking... for instance the 7.5R has like a weird pringles can mustache of a front bumper like wtf is that?

come on VW knock it out of the park.. lol

OMG, that's so funny, its EXACTLY what I thought too.......that Pringles look:D:D

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
OMG, that's so funny, its EXACTLY what I thought too.......that Pringles look:D:D

I can't see the resemblance of the pringles mustache to the front of the R. What am I missing? :iono:

torga

Autocross Champion
I can't see the resemblance of the pringles mustache to the front of the R. What am I missing? :iono:
I'm not seeing it either. Was there a Mk2 Pringles can revision I haven't seen? Haha

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
lol, I can see what they're talking about. It looks a hell of a lot better than the mk7 golf r bumper though. That thing doesn't even deserve the r badge.

Uberryan

Banned
meh, this car is my exit from VW. I used to get hype about news like this, but all I see is another failing waterpump, timing chain, DSG, or headliner failure.

alpha3

Go Kart Champion
^^^^^^

Aw, c'mon Focal Point. All cars have some kinda something not to be desired. It does seem to me they've gotten better in recent years.

I think what may be the end of enthusiasm for me is when they go all-electric. They'll really have to up their game on the battery for those cars, a 200 or 300 mile range just doesn't cut it, especially for someone that enjoys road trips. Then, find a charging station....wait 30mins....ugh.

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
When they stop offering manual trans options that'll be my exit. Ill probably be switching the racecar to a Porsche eventually but for a daily vw is hard to beat. Unless they only offer automatics then I'm out.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Same. I'm all about rowing the gears. Makes me feel extra badass in my wannabie racecar.

If I'm just going to throw it in a sport mode, hold onto the steering wheel, anger up my eyebrows and mash my gas pedal, it just doesn't cut it for me. :D

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
When they stop offering manual trans options that'll be my exit. Ill probably be switching the racecar to a Porsche eventually but for a daily vw is hard to beat. Unless they only offer automatics then I'm out.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

MT's will be the car equivalent of DLC for sure.

riceburner

Autocross Champion

idk, its the wierd, bodycolored horizontal bumper piece that kinda goes to the middle of the side grilles. Just looks stupid and to me, kind of like a wierd mustache. lol. The Regular 7-R front bumper looks so much better.

Uberryan

Banned
^^^^^^

Aw, c'mon Focal Point. All cars have some kinda something not to be desired. It does seem to me they've gotten better in recent years.

I want more displacement, and they're only shrinking their engines. 17 years, 3 VWs and every 3 years, a headliner falls, the last two have had multiple drivetrain issues with late responses with mediocre resolves, or none at all. Even the MK7 has mech issues with their DSGs. It seems like they just can't do it right. I get the goal is to build cheap and price moderately, but I can get that domestically, or from a japanese market, and pay 1/3 of the price per repair that I pay now. It's not worth it to me. If it was an audi or a BMW, yeah... because at least it has some status points coming with it, but not a VW egg on adderall.

aj_law

Go Kart Champion
Meh.

MK6 rulz!