GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

midline to highline cecm swap

Brunkel

Go Kart Champion
Yeah this was on his 2013 gti that's why I was a bit confused, what adapters do you have? I know the Kufatec adapters have two wires that go to the cecm, but I'm not sure if those are responsible for the led drls.

I have the ECS adapters. They had the long wires that went to the CECM too, but I cut them, soldered a trigger wire to it and put it in pin 10 or 11 on the halogen side. That's off the top of my head. It might be a different pin but I read up on it in a DIY. It's a cool hack to get high beams working. Let me find the link...

http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81208&page=2

Look at Wetmoney's post:thumbsup:

GTIMK6_

Ready to race!
I have the ECS adapters. They had the long wires that went to the CECM too, but I cut them, soldered a trigger wire to it and put it in pin 10 or 11 on the halogen side. That's off the top of my head. It might be a different pin but I read up on it in a DIY. It's a cool hack to get high beams working. Let me find the link...

http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81208&page=2

Look at Wetmoney's post:thumbsup:

Yeah I've seen that cool high beam hack, I'm just wondering now if those wires are responsible to getting the led drls to function. I'm most likely totally off in my observations. Some people said they got the midline cecm to power the led drls, but their posts were either incomplete or didn't make sense. I wish somebody could make a seperate thread for Oem led xenons working on a midline cecm so I could save a good chunk of change!

Brunkel

Go Kart Champion
Yeah I've seen that cool high beam hack, I'm just wondering now if those wires are responsible to getting the led drls to function. I'm most likely totally off in my observations. Some people said they got the midline cecm to power the led drls, but their posts were either incomplete or didn't make sense. I wish somebody could make a seperate thread for Oem led xenons working on a midline cecm so I could save a good chunk of change!

EXACTLY!!!! That's what I'm hoping...

VWMat

Passed Driver's Ed
I use my LEDs as positional, or running lights (which that coding is for) AKA one click on the euroswitch. I'm not sure about the LEDs as drl, as I never even tried that. Look on ailexpress.com for a high line cecm ending in 87. I've seen them for way less than sellers here. Try searching for 'vw bcm'

Brunkel

Go Kart Champion
I use my LEDs as positional, or running lights (which that coding is for) AKA one click on the euroswitch. I'm not sure about the LEDs as drl, as I never even tried that. Look on ailexpress.com for a high line cecm ending in 87. I've seen them for way less than sellers here. Try searching for 'vw bcm'

Oh dang... http://www.aliexpress.com/item/OEM-...wagen-1K0-937-087Q-1K0937087Q/1663112283.html

Can someone confirm this is legit and works for GTI? Part number does end in 87 so it would be the highline one, but it starts with 1K0 instead of 5K0...

CarniifeX

Go Kart Champion
I say just fork out and get the OEM highline and do it right. If you're spending $1,000+ on the headlights just do it all the way with the right CECM.

But that's my $0.02.

GTIMK6_

Ready to race!
Oh dang... http://www.aliexpress.com/item/OEM-...wagen-1K0-937-087Q-1K0937087Q/1663112283.html

Can someone confirm this is legit and works for GTI? Part number does end in 87 so it would be the highline one, but it starts with 1K0 instead of 5K0...

1k0 is the part number you need to start with. I wouldn't mess with those ones on alixpress. If you have a 2013 without Kessy the part number you need is this 1k0 937 087 AJ Z03. That's what I got from a local dealer, best price I heard is the one Carnlifex mentioned to me which was $405.

Brunkel

Go Kart Champion
1k0 is the part number you need to start with. I wouldn't mess with those ones on alixpress. If you have a 2013 without Kessy the part number you need is this 1k0 937 087 AJ Z03. That's what I got from a local dealer, best price I heard is the one Carnlifex mentioned to me which was $405.

I have a 2013 but no idea what Kessy is. ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

troutjunkie

I just got all of my lights working with the midline. If you go back to the beginning of this thread, im the guy who started it. I have a mid line cecm on a '12 golf tdi and bought the OEM xenons with LED. I bought the Kufatec harness but you need to make/modify three wires. It's the #4 from the stock harness that needs to go to the #12 on the kufatec to power the LEDs. Everything works now- high beams, leds as drls and they even stay on when the headlights come on(I have the stock light switch).
There's only two minor problems- check high beam light indicator is on and when you pull back on the high beam stalk to "bright" someone when the lights are off, it doesn't work.

Last edited:

troutjunkie

Other than that, I'm super stoked. Soooo much better than Eds lights(no offense), the beam pattern is great and the LEDs are actually bright enough to act as a legit DRL.
Now if I could just get the damn "check high beam" to go away...

GTIMK6_

Ready to race!
What coding was needed, and also could you post a picture of the modified adapters? Will be picking up a complete set of xenons with led next week, and this would be a great help!

Brunkel

Go Kart Champion
I just got all of my lights working with the midline. If you go back to the beginning of this thread, im the guy who started it. I have a mid line cecm on a '12 golf tdi and bought the OEM xenons with LED. I bought the Kufatec harness but you need to make/modify three wires. It's the #4 from the stock harness that needs to go to the #12 on the kufatec to power the LEDs. Everything works now- high beams, leds as drls and they even stay on when the headlights come on(I have the stock light switch).
There's only two minor problems- check high beam light indicator is on and when you pull back on the high beam stalk to "bright" someone when the lights are off, it doesn't work.

This is music to my ears! Worth a shot first to save $400!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk