GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Candy White, rare?

awkwardbeta

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey guys. New to the forums and just testing the waters. I put a down payment for a 2012 GTI Autobahn, carbon steel gray, last week that's coming in Jan. 9th. Haven't been this psyched about getting a new car since my 2003 Evo :D.

My top pick for color for my GTI was actually the candy white. But with the options I wanted (Autobahn package, manual transmission, 4 doors), it seems it's almost impossible to find by most/all of the dealerships I went to, and I literally went to about 8 VW dealerships. My question is, did anyone else have trouble finding their GTI with the color and options they wanted? I'm just curious as to why specifically the 4-door candy white with the Autobahn package and manual transmission is so damn rare.

I also signed for my GTI (again, Autobahn package, manual transmission, 4-doors) for about $28,300. I did a quite a bit of research on the pricing for the GTI and am a pretty decent haggler when it comes to buying cars, but I'd like the community to throw out some input on the pricing. Did you guys do more or less on $28,300?

(My sales guys said the car can be done for $28,100, but his boss wanted to tack on $200 for the mat kit. I had to raise an eyebrow, especially when we were so close to closing the deal, but whatever, I just let him have the $200.)

P

plac

CW's arent. but CW 4 door autobahn DSG's are. cuz they get swooped up before they're barely off the truck. i got mine 1 hour after the truck arrived.

got exactly $2000 off MSRP whatever that means to anyone..

cwGTIautobahn

Ready to race!
Pricing sounds great, almost unbelievable.

I had to order my 2012 CW. Did so back in July for sept delivery. They did find one In production that I was able to put my name on and get earlier for aug delivery. Most dealers I spoke to did say they were limited allocations.

awkwardbeta

Passed Driver's Ed
$28,300 for a 2012 4 door Autobahn? Was it technically "used" as in a demo or manager's car? That's a great price IMHO!

Nope, brand spanking new. So new that it's still on a truck making its way to the dealership, hence me having to wait 3 weeks.

cacophony555

Ready to race!
That is a great price at about $1k under "dealer cost", where

dealer cost = invoice - holdback - incentives (there are no incentives currently)

I got my 2012 Golf for $1k under dealer cost as well but it required some serious negotiation tactics (competitive bidding of fleet managers from 15 local dealerships).

Just be careful to not be taken on a trade, or financing, or extras (warranty, etc). A dealer would be happy to sell a car a huge loss if they could make up the difference in these other areas.

DRedman451

Go Kart Champion
from what i found when i was searching is that a 4 door manual is rare in any color....i wanted a SB with a 6 speed xenons and a sun roof....4door preferred...when i couldn't find a SB I looked for 4 door in any other color with those options, and i found 2 4 door manuals within 100 miles...thankfully one of them had the options i wanted

lon888

Ready to race!
I had a heck of a time getting mine. I originally wanted a blue 4-door, manual tranny, sunroof/navi package. There wasn't a single one in the entire Southwest. My dealer managed to find the exact car except in CSG coming in on the boat that was unsold. He was able to latch on it and the rest of the story is history. I think if you were to take a poll you would find most of us had to settle on second or third choice. Good luck with your new buggy.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
CW is pretty popular, as is CSG.

ImAuthenticFTW

Go Kart Champion
No problem with getting mine, got a 2011 CSG 2 door autobahn DSG for $27,900 before tax and tags etc etc with 20 miles on the clock, most of which were from my test drive.

andy_uranium

Go Kart Champion
I have the canadian equivalent of the autobahn, minus the detroits and dynaudio system, bought right off the lot.