GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Grovans "R" Golf MK6 (Norway)

resilientsoma

Go Kart Champion
Checked this thread out a couple times but never commented on it. Very awesome man, looks great.
I sat in those seats at the Frankfurt auto show and were very snug! If you wanted to a bigger exhaust on in the future (bigger tips), would you have to redo your diffuser again?

Chrop

Ready to race!
Checked this thread out a couple times but never commented on it. Very awesome man, looks great.
I sat in those seats at the Frankfurt auto show and were very snug! If you wanted to a bigger exhaust on in the future (bigger tips), would you have to redo your diffuser again?

Hehe thank you very much! I really appreciate everyone checking out my build! :)

I bet you didnt want them more after that? :p

Yes i would have to redo it, cause of the angle of the valance in comparrison to the gti one..

I sumtimes go to build threads and check out the first page, the middle page and the latest one to see the awesome progress.

You sir have made the car into a Golf TDR :w00t:

I wish I could have seen your seats in person. Keep it up soldier!!:thumbup::thumbup:

resilientsoma

Go Kart Champion
Hehe thank you very much! I really appreciate everyone checking out my build! :)

I bet you didnt want them more after that? :p

Yes i would have to redo it, cause of the angle of the valance in comparrison to the gti one..

No problem man! Yeah, after sitting in them for a couple minutes I knew I didn't want them anymore. They are so nice just to look at though! I sat in the 2-door Golf R so getting in the back is way more difficult with these seats vs the GTI. What are your next plans for your Snow Trooper?

Chrop

Ready to race!
I sumtimes go to build threads and check out the first page, the middle page and the latest one to see the awesome progress.

You sir have made the car into a Golf TDR :w00t:

I wish I could have seen your seats in person. Keep it up soldier!!:thumbup::thumbup:

Hehehehe! Thanks! You can name it that if you want :p
Maybe i shall make a HD video? hehe ;)

No problem man! Yeah, after sitting in them for a couple minutes I knew I didn't want them anymore. They are so nice just to look at though! I sat in the 2-door Golf R so getting in the back is way more difficult with these seats vs the GTI. What are your next plans for your Snow Trooper?
Ye, thats kinda why my friend sold them to me because of the issue with moving them back and forth because of his kids.

Next plans is 18" winter rims and darken the front windows by about 30% witch is max my law here in Norway. Other then that im not really sure! :)

Chrop

Ready to race!
Yesterdays story and todays images Nothing special

So on thursday i just used my car once to the gym. The AC were fine.

Yesterday, i was going to drive 50km / 31miles trip and it was freezing outside -10C / 14F.
The car was covered in ice/snow so i had to scrape the windows as i usually do. Gets into the car and drive off. I notice the dew on the inside of the windshiled doesnt disappear after 2km trip. Turn off the music and cant hear the fan going at all!

I stop at the nearest bus stop to scrape the windshield again.. and checks that every level of my climatic doesnt work, the seat heater works so its not a climate control panel issue.

Then I go to the nearest gas station to call a friend who works at VW. He had no clue what i was talking about as he never had any cars in because of that issue. So i rush home allready 30minute late. Brings my fluke multimeter and starts checking every fuse in the engine compartment and inside the car. No faults. 45min late by then.

So im thinking, ok what the hell, lets just dress up with more clothes and gloves and go on.

After 10km / 6miles i feel the slight breeze of hot air coming out of the vents going 60 miles/h, im like YAY! i can have some heat in here, atleast a little! The temp outside just dropped to -17C / 1F because of location.

I then call a friend who also has his GTD and ask him if he has ever heard of any problems like that and he is like uhm, no... So for a joke i say, i should try and jump start it.

Once we hang up, i hit the Off button on the climate control panel like ten times, on and off. and suddenly the fan starts!!! haha i was in heaven when i could finally have some heat in the car! :D

This is deff. not a normal behaviour, so i should get an appointment at the dealer i guess. But hey, was it the cold? or a bad fan? We will see. I just wanted to share this with you if any of you ever come across it. You know what to do!

----------------------

swfloridamk6

Go Kart Champion
Thats some serious cold, so I have chance of worrying about that. Lol.

On another note, I am making a trip to Germany soon. I would like to pick up some of your seats and headlights while there. Any tips on where to buy?

Medussa

Ready to race!
Your car looks amazing bro

Chrop

Ready to race!
Thats some serious cold, so I have chance of worrying about that. Lol.

On another note, I am making a trip to Germany soon. I would like to pick up some of your seats and headlights while there. Any tips on where to buy?

I doubt you have... Florida sounds very tempting right now!

I have no idea tho, but maybe if you ask recaro in advance of the trip?

Your car looks amazing bro

Thanks mate ;)

Henrik1

Passed Driver's Ed
Strange problem with the fan Chrop, notify me when you have been to the dealer and sorted the problem out, sure would like to know why this happends.

Tsar

Very nice car, great job done!

I have few questions for you.
What engine is in your golf and how many hp it has?

I will move to Norway soon, and i'm wondering, is it better to buy new golf in Norway or Germany? How big tax you need to pay if you buy it in Germany?

And 1 more thing. Can you make some 1920x1080 pics of your golf? Please, i want it for desktop. :)

And what is the name of this rims?

Last edited:

Chrop

Ready to race!
Very nice car, great job done!

I have few questions for you.
What engine is in your golf and how many hp it has?

I will move to Norway soon, and i'm wondering, is it better to buy new golf in Norway or Germany? How big tax you need to pay if you buy it in Germany?

And 1 more thing. Can you make some 1920x1080 pics of your golf? Please, i want it for desktop. :)

And what is the name of this rims?

Its a 1.6tdi with 105HP. In norway the car prices are like this:
Car is about 150 000kr = 25000$
Then there is 105HP = 105 000kr= 17500$
Also the registration = 50 000kr = 8300$

In total my 1.6 TDI costs = 50800$
At vw.com the R starts at = 33990$ HAHAHA. little Norway trying to save the world by trying to stop cars from being used. So stupid i tell you. :)

You will probably save 50 - 70 000kr / 8300$ - 11600$ if the car is about 1 year old. BUT bringing a new car you will save some, but there are a lot of papers that has to be good before doing that. Also warranty years are alot lower in germany about 2 years. in norway its 5 :p

Give me the link for the image you want in Highres and ill fix :)

Also those wheels are "Oxigin - Vierzehn" or something :p

Last edited:

Tsar

Hah, thank you for info. :)
Man, Norwey is realy expesive, that registration is too much.
Does it cost 50000kr every year or just first year?
You don't need to recalculate to $, bacause we in Croatia use Kuna, 1 croatian kuna=1 norwegina kruna. :)

Do you know maybe how big tax i need to pay if i buy car in Germany and want get it into Norge?

I don't uderstand this part, how do you mean?
Its a 1.6tdi with 105HP.
Car is about 150 000kr
Then there is 105HP = 105 000kr

If you can, please give me these pictures in 1920x1080 resolution.

http://i855.photobucket.com/albums/ab114/Chroptus/IMG_2047.jpg
http://i855.photobucket.com/albums/ab114/Chroptus/IMG_2046.jpg
http://i963.photobucket.com/albums/ae119/Eastside78/Cars/_MG_3252.jpg
http://i855.photobucket.com/albums/ab114/Chroptus/Golf 6 Highline 2010/Winter mode/IMG_02612.jpg
http://i855.photobucket.com/albums/ab114/Chroptus/IMAG0336.jpg
http://i855.photobucket.com/albums/ab114/Chroptus/IMAG0337.jpg

And please don't hide your car registration.

Thank you in advance :)

lissav

Ready to race!
I just read through your whole thread, phew :happyanim:

WOW amazing job and effort:w00t:

Those taxes in Norway are out of control, I had no idea.
Do most people own cars or use the public transport system cause of this?!