GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New RCD330 Plus Headunit with Mirrorlink/Carplay

EGR-guy

Sorry bro.
At least the firmware for 187A with android auto is usefull.
Wont share any anymore.
I think i need to get one more radio for testing only.
I only got one in my car.

My first post :23:

I installed this on my no name 187A and it’s really buggy.

What’s fixed =

RDS name are large
Red trim
Android auto ( I have Apple so can’t test )

What’s broken =

Apple CarPlay is now broken. It will not connect to the phone anymore , it tries for ages but won’t actually come on.

I had to reinstall 5.4.6.6. And all back working.

There’s a firmware for the 187A floating about with the updated C210 Bluetooth as there’s a video on YouTube that’s been put on in the last week showing it. This firmware doesn’t contain android auto.

EGR-guy

The 187a works perfect it’s just the CarPlay Siri audio that lets it down because it’s incredibly quiet no matter what you do.

It was nice and loud and independent on the shipped firmware but the seller sent me replacement firmware where it’s gone quiet unless I turn it up very loud then deafen myself when the music starts lol

EGR-guy

https://youtu.be/rjcX9LTCn3M

The 187a firmware with c210 Bluetooth.

Also another the links on here for the 187b firmware con I confirm that this can not be installed on the No name upgraded 512mb 187a by doing the dual firmware install 515 to 514 is it ?

praxidike

I just had a chat with Aidu Auto asking difference between 187B and 187E

EGR-guy

My first post :23:

I installed this on my no name 187A and it’s really buggy.

What’s fixed =

RDS name are large
Red trim
Android auto ( I have Apple so can’t test )

What’s broken =

Apple CarPlay is now broken. It will not connect to the phone anymore , it tries for ages but won’t actually come on.

I had to reinstall 5.4.6.6. And all back working.

There’s a firmware for the 187A floating about with the updated C210 Bluetooth as there’s a video on YouTube that’s been put on in the last week showing it. This firmware doesn’t contain android auto.

Oh i forgo to add one huge bug

theres no audio output with this firmware till you reset the audio setting to factory. The head unit also bleeps 6 or so times as you turn on too like a computer does on self diagnostic when say Ram is faulty when you power it on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwjMcAZxpgc

Last edited:

mark43231

I think what he mean is this one.
You can see from the label,it is 187E with 5515.

I notice on the 'C' and 'E' models, the system info screen shows software version Y510 on the vendor photos.

In a previous reply it was indicated that the software revision with a letter in it is test version and not a release version.

Which seller has the full 5515 software? Anyone got one yet?

praxidike

So what exactly is bugging out on the C180 vs C210? I have different volumes for nav, voice, audio, and tele with C180.

Happy bulldog

Passed Driver's Ed
I notice on the 'C' and 'E' models, the system info screen shows software version Y510 on the vendor photos.

In a previous reply it was indicated that the software revision with a letter in it is test version and not a release version.

Which seller has the full 5515 software? Anyone got one yet?

So far 5515+C210 is the best choice.
http://s.aliexpress.com/Q3UjuuAF

I think later the official version 187E will be 5515+C210.
As you can see from the label on the attached picture.

spicypiel

Ready to race!
Guess no one is going to be able to convince any of the 187E sellers to part with the 5155/C210 firmware tarball then?

Happy bulldog

Passed Driver's Ed
Guess no one is going to be able to convince any of the 187E sellers to part with the 5155/C210 firmware tarball then?

I dont think they will share the firmware,plus they want to sell more radios and earn more money.
Better to order the 5515+C210 187B,or wait for the 5515+C210 187E.
The 5515+C210 187E already leaked out,hope it will be on market soon.