GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DasAuto1295's Godspeed (eBay) downpipe review

oehawks3

Ready to race!
Can't go wrong with this DP it seems. Why spend $500 on one, when you can get one that's just as good for <$200

nvturbo

Go Kart Champion
Exactly! I will never understand anyone's logic for buying such an expensive metal pipe!

Seems like the only ones who are buying the overpriced DPs are people who "have to have" a name brand product on their car....to show off how much money they wasted. :D

dbizzle22

Go Kart Champion
While you were researching these downpipes, what's the highest mileage unit you've seen? Just curious about the long term status of welds at the flange and the upper part of the downpipe. Then again, at 1/3 of the price of name brand pipes you could just buy a new one a few times and still be fine :)

DasAuto1295

Go Kart Champion
While you were researching these downpipes, what's the highest mileage unit you've seen? Just curious about the long term status of welds at the flange and the upper part of the downpipe. Then again, at 1/3 of the price of name brand pipes you could just buy a new one a few times and still be fine :)

That's what I was thinking if it did happen to break. Steemax on this board has had his for about 10k miles (iirc) with no issues. I believe one gentleman also had his for 20k.

GTINAPLES

Ready to race!
I have had mine for about 10,000 miles and still looks and is great!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

steemax

Go Kart Champion
That's what I was thinking if it did happen to break. Steemax on this board has had his for about 10k miles (iirc) with no issues. I believe one gentleman also had his for 20k.

Yup! at this point I have about 13k on the GSP Down-pipe and 20k on stage 2... absolutely no issues on the GSP! Actually just a couple weeks ago I had a high flow resonator welded into it. Sounds great with my SPM Cat back.

After 13k miles it still looks brand new. No exhaust leaks, the welds look like they did when they were brand new. The only thing which is to be expected is the color change from the heat which occurs to all down pipes.

DasAuto1295

Go Kart Champion
Yup! at this point I have about 13k on the GSP Down-pipe and 20k on stage 2... absolutely no issues on the GSP! Actually just a couple weeks ago I had a high flow resonator welded into it. Sounds great with my SPM Cat back.

After 13k miles it still looks brand new. No exhaust leaks, the welds look like they did when they were brand new. The only thing which is to be expected is the color change from the heat which occurs to all down pipes.

^I knew he'd chime in at some point! :D Good to know these pipes can last.

DasAuto, Do you have a tune? CEL?
No tune yet. I have the RAI O2 spacer, but got a CEL the day after the pipe was installed. Ignoring it for now. I may swap out the different sized spacers eventually to see if it'll get the light to go away.

steemax

Go Kart Champion
^I knew he'd chime in at some point! :D Good to know these pipes can last.

No tune yet. I have the RAI O2 spacer, but got a CEL the day after the pipe was installed. Ignoring it for now. I may swap out the different sized spacers eventually to see if it'll get the light to go away.

:lol: I was unaware of the thread but got a PM, so thought I'd show up.

If anyone needs a detailed explanation on what needs to be done and how much it should cost at the end of the day to get this on your CBFA GTi, feel free to PM me :thumbsup:

I can also try and get pics of my entire setup since I am now at a full 3" turbo-back configuration.