GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Official Gun Thread

syonxwf

Go Kart Champion
Fuck...I just wrote a long post and my security token expired and lost the post...fuck me. Here we go again...

http://www.luckygunner.com/labs/brass-vs-steel-cased-ammo/

Found this article and I thought it was a pretty interesting read. I asked on here a couple weeks back about thoughts on Wolf/Russian ammo, and this does a great job (IMO) of testing that ammo out and really determining if it's worth the cheaper price (Spoiler, it is).

Here's the TL;DR
10,000 rounds of each of the following ammo was shot through 4 separate brand new Bushmaster XM15's (one exception, read the story for that info):
Federal 55gr Brass Casing
Wolf 55gr Steel Casing
Tula 55gr Steel Casing
Brown Bear 55gr Steel Casing

Federal was the most accurate start to finish, but was also the most dirty. Yes, you heard that right, Federal Brass was dirtier than Wolf Polymer Steel case.
The reason the Wolf, Tula, and Brown bear lost accuracy over time is because they wore the barrel out faster. Given that information though, because Wolf is so much cheaper than Federal, even if you need a new barrel in as little as 4,000 rounds, it's still cheaper to go with Wolf (4,000rnds Wolf + new barrel vs 4,000rnds Federal). That's if you really abuse the gun like they did, don't clean it, run it hot and keep running it hot for hours on end, etc. Even abused, they were still getting groupings within tolerance after 5,000 rounds, and went on to say (I believe) that it remained accurate until at least 6,000 rounds.

I could keep going, but if you're really truly interested, it's a good read :D

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
Any good black friday deals on ammo online anyone is seeing? Or cyber monday. 9mm

Fuck...I just wrote a long post and my security token expired and lost the post...fuck me. Here we go again...

http://www.luckygunner.com/labs/brass-vs-steel-cased-ammo/

Found this article and I thought it was a pretty interesting read. I asked on here a couple weeks back about thoughts on Wolf/Russian ammo, and this does a great job (IMO) of testing that ammo out and really determining if it's worth the cheaper price (Spoiler, it is).

Here's the TL;DR
10,000 rounds of each of the following ammo was shot through 4 separate brand new Bushmaster XM15's (one exception, read the story for that info):
Federal 55gr Brass Casing
Wolf 55gr Steel Casing
Tula 55gr Steel Casing
Brown Bear 55gr Steel Casing

Federal was the most accurate start to finish, but was also the most dirty. Yes, you heard that right, Federal Brass was dirtier than Wolf Polymer Steel case.
The reason the Wolf, Tula, and Brown bear lost accuracy over time is because they wore the barrel out faster. Given that information though, because Wolf is so much cheaper than Federal, even if you need a new barrel in as little as 4,000 rounds, it's still cheaper to go with Wolf (4,000rnds Wolf + new barrel vs 4,000rnds Federal). That's if you really abuse the gun like they did, don't clean it, run it hot and keep running it hot for hours on end, etc. Even abused, they were still getting groupings within tolerance after 5,000 rounds, and went on to say (I believe) that it remained accurate until at least 6,000 rounds.

I could keep going, but if you're really truly interested, it's a good read :D

:clap:

steemax

Go Kart Champion
Finally picked up the AK and Kimber, longest 10 day wait of my life.

Sent from my BendGate Plus.

steemax

Go Kart Champion
i dont normally quote posts with tons of pics but damn dude. :clap::clap:

is cali limiting rifle ammunition as well?

Haha thanks man... and yeah Rifles are also limited to 10 rounds + bullet button :( Damn you Kalifornia!

I had to get rid of those ugly 10 round magazines... the magazine you see on the AK are 30 rounds permanently modified to only accept 10 rounds.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
Haha thanks man... and yeah Rifles are also limited to 10 rounds + bullet button :( Damn you Kalifornia!

I had to get rid of those ugly 10 round magazines... the magazine you see on the AK are 30 rounds permanently modified to only accept 10 rounds.

:(

Is this all of california or just certain near the cities zipcodes? Real talk: you should get a 30 round mag and practice at the range with it. Once you leave the range put the 10 round mag back in if youre worried about local laws.

steemax

Go Kart Champion
:(

Is this all of california or just certain near the cities zipcodes? Real talk: you should get a 30 round mag and practice at the range with it. Once you leave the range put the 10 round mag back in if youre worried about local laws.

It's all of California.... honestly I don't think It's something I'd want to risk as it's a felony here if your caught with anything greater than a 10 round. Not quite worth the risk/reward

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
It's all of California.... honestly I don't think It's something I'd want to risk as it's a felony here if your caught with anything greater than a 10 round. Not quite worth the risk/reward
lame sauce.
your sig says it all lol.

Whats your local policy on getting concealed carry/open carry? Any plans to do so?

steemax

Go Kart Champion
woww.... that is one sick AK. well done sir.

Thank you kind sir! :D

lame sauce.
your sig says it all lol.

Whats your local policy on getting concealed carry/open carry? Any plans to do so?

Sure does!... Also some counties are Shall issue... but LA county has always been May issue meaning you needed good cause AKA tough luck we use "good cause" to deny everyone. There are only a handful of CCW's issued here and they are to ex-cops.

Only Recently was their a court case, Peruta V San Diego that went to the 9th circuit and they ruled that it is unconstitutional to use "good cause" as a method of issuing and that putting down "self defense" is all you need as a reason. This just got settled this month and we're just waiting to hear from the counties.

I did apply and I received a "Pending Peruta v San Diego" letter saying they are aware of what is happening and will notify me once all is finalized. So for now it's a waiting game.

My G19 is in a IWB holster loaded with hollow points awaiting the day!

syonxwf

Go Kart Champion

steemax

Go Kart Champion
Good luck with Kimber. Reviews are mixed

Should be ok, only complaint I heard was the Kimber mags that come with the guns are garbage so I threw it to the side and replaced them with some quality mags.

Sent from my BendGate Plus.