GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

p2015 p0300 p303 - Help

20GTI12

Just got my mk6 gti (2012 cbfa) back from the shop, they installed ko4, new cams, timing chains and revised tensioner clutch, ic charge pipes, etc. Took the car to work today, babying the throttle as I know everything needs to be broken in a bit and all (3) codes popped up, thought it was maybe coilpacks(replaced a few times) but also had new coilpacks and plugs installed with everything else they did.

Car does not start at all now, any thoughts?

I know the p2015 is runner flap issues on the intake, but would this cause a no start? :confused:

Boscogn

Go Kart Champion
With all that work and no start I'm guessing vacuum leak. P2015 doesn't prevent start. I'm thinking something got loose.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

20GTI12

Welp, motor blew up about 5 miles from their shop at 2k rpm in traffic. Not looking good, they are going to do a full tear-down and see what happened.

zrickety

The Fixer
The shop owes you a motor. Sucks, but clearly they are responsible.
Let us know how it goes.

20GTI12

Yup sucks big time, it is a daily!

List of everything done by them before receiving car:

Timing Chains w updated tensioner (guides and all other hardware)
Clutch - ECS
Rear Main Seal
Cams and cam bridge
Ko4 - APR
Carb Cleaning
Shortshifter (ECS)
Intercooler (S3)
Radiator (OEM)
PCV
Motor and Trans Mounts
Injector Service (sent out to reman them)
New Injector Seals
Upper and Lower Timing Chain Covers

Was basically idling in traffic, no CEL or anything started to want to die ( i was going about 15-20mph down a hill (in neutral), turned car off and coasted into parking lot, oil everywhere. Not sure if it skipped timing or a rear main seal, but I will def keep updating on what they say!

Last edited:

Allchokedup

Autocross Champion
Damn, that's horrible!!! I just got my daily ko4 back together I missed driving it. Yea, those guys are on the hook for sure. I would assume something was left loose and caused havoc. So I'm assuming the shop that did the work also did the ko4 tune?

20GTI12

Yes they also did the 3.1 APR tune. Said should have no major issues and to take it easy on everything for a few hundred miles change oil then beat it up. Will get some answers Monday or Tuesday.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

20GTI12

Looked like fuel injectors failed basically simultaneously - no other CEL for low fuel pressure or anything! And runner flaps were stuck closed. Pretty dramatic acting / sounding, not sure where oil was from (bad injector seals). All fixed and running now, another $750 for everything.

Boscogn

Go Kart Champion
Looked like fuel injectors failed basically simultaneously - no other CEL for low fuel pressure or anything! And runner flaps were stuck closed. Pretty dramatic acting / sounding, not sure where oil was from (bad injector seals). All fixed and running now, another $750 for everything.
Well at least it wasn't the motor that pooped. That's should do you well for a good while at least. Plan carbon cleaning every 50k if u sit in lots of traffic or if u run her hard might get away with 60-75k between cleanings.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk