GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ECS Rear Chassis Brace Kit

Tony48

Go Kart Champion

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
The XB made the biggest difference to me. The UB only slightly. I have a used RB I haven't put on because I'm not sure it's worth the trouble.

For what it's worth, I didn't think the RB install was difficult at all. Took maybe 20 min. I thought it stiffened up the rear a good amount. A lot more than the UB that's for sure.

CowTownRacer

Drag Racing Champion
For what it's worth, I didn't think the RB install was difficult at all. Took maybe 20 min. I thought it stiffened up the rear a good amount. A lot more than the UB that's for sure.

As I posted in the "What did you do to your car to day" thread, the RB is a huge improvement in the back end. I really think the RB is an under appreciated piece of kit. Also, the install was so easy, especially if you undo your exhaust hangers.

I would also note that the ECS brace appears to bolt up in different locations than the Unibrace RB (the RB ties the control arms together and to the subrframe), so you could probably run this brace with the RB if you want.

zef

Drag Racing Champion

APRMK6GTi

Go Kart Champion
my only concern is weight, it's not exactly light

yea its pretty big, it says its 13.10 lbs, not too bad since its at the lowest center point of the car.

just compared it to unibrace ub, so unibrace is thicker to act as a better tunnel brace

ECS Tunnel - 4mm thick and 13.10 lbs
Unibrace UB - 7mm thick and 7 lbs

zef

Drag Racing Champion
I just installed this brace over the weekend. Fitment wasn't perfect, was a little bit of a pain to get everything lined up, but for $145 it's a bargain. You won't be able to run a UB with this, but I am running this in conjunction with my RB and a eurosport hatch brace. It doesn't interfere with my verus rear diffuser either. The powder coat is well done and overall seems well built.

APRMK6GTi

Go Kart Champion
I just installed this brace over the weekend. Fitment wasn't perfect, was a little bit of a pain to get everything lined up, but for $145 it's a bargain. You won't be able to run a UB with this, but I am running this in conjunction with my RB and a eurosport hatch brace. It doesn't interfere with my verus rear diffuser either. The powder coat is well done and overall seems well built.

feel any diff between UB and removing it to run this brace?

zef

Drag Racing Champion
Never had the UB, went from having just the eurosport hatch brace and then adding the RB/ECS brace. Definitely felt a difference after adding the 2 other braces.

NewGuy1

Go Kart Champion

I might have to pick this up just so I can pass visual inspection for smog with my aftermarket dp. Aha
Seems like a fairly solid brace,

Relative to the other components on the car how low does this brace hang?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

torga

Autocross Champion
How is this going to help with the visual inspection??

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
I assume it'll be because the tech will be too lazy to remove the tunnel brace to peek at the exhaust. At least that's what the hope would be.

NewGuy1

Go Kart Champion
How is this going to help with the visual inspection??

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I assume it'll be because the tech will be too lazy to remove the tunnel brace to peek at the exhaust. At least that's what the hope would be.

Yep exactly the tech will not remove any covering to check pipes.
It just doesn't happen, probably because its a huge time chunk
I know some guys (on other platform) who have full custom turbo back setups and have no problem with visual because the tech cant see it.

Same reason why aftermarket DVs in our cars usually dont get pinged in smog.