GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

**Official California Spotted Thread!**

Rotaryknight

Go Kart Champion
Um....Anyone have a MKVII R I could do a ride in or maybe drive around the block. Sorta looking to move platforms in a year and just want to make sure this is the route I want to go and start saving parts for.

SirClimax

Ready to race!
Once you break 400hp you start the process of moving on lol. Your part out will be insane.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Rotaryknight

Go Kart Champion
Once you break 400hp you start the process of moving on lol. Your part out will be insane.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Trust me I will be enjoying the car but just seeing if I will indeed move to an R. That way I can take my brakes over and my other set of wheels that are coming in February. It will be a massive part out.

Also if I want to wait till end of next year or even past. Deals will get better and BT kits will come out. haha.

Only thing that stopped me from going BT or pushing the F23 harder is FWD. I didn't want to build this motor.

mycrors7

Go Kart Champion
Um....Anyone have a MKVII R I could do a ride in or maybe drive around the block. Sorta looking to move platforms in a year and just want to make sure this is the route I want to go and start saving parts for.

make sure to give me all the jdm parts on your gti so i can continue the jdm legacy

tjasko

Go Kart Champion

Leaving us MKVI guys? :'(

Did PRND show off too much :p - I love my R coming from a GTI though. Though in a year hopefully you can snatch a deal on a used MKVII R.

Last edited:

PRND[S]

The Lame & The Ludicrous
PS: I cringed hard at that sand storm, I hope you guys made it out without any damage to the cars.
I haven't even checked for damage, but hearing the front end and windshield get pelted by rocks and sand made me pucker up. For those wondering what we are talking about, there were strong gusts blowing across Highway 5 as we were approaching the bottom of the Grapevine and kicking up a big cloud of sand, tumbleweeds and other crap.

Well, I have one. I'm sure something can be arranged...

Trytun

Go Kart Champion
I haven't even checked for damage, but hearing the front end and windshield get pelted by rocks and sand made me pucker up. For those wondering what we are talking about, there were strong gusts blowing across Highway 5 as we were approaching the bottom of the Grapevine and kicking up a big cloud of sand, tumbleweeds and other crap.

Yeah, I was a few miles back and I got pelted. I have all sorts of little chips on the very front of my hood and a tiny chip in my windshield in the upper left corner. :cry::(:cry:

Rotaryknight

Go Kart Champion

Well, I have one. I'm sure something can be arranged...

Damn dust storm.

Aw cool! Yea I'm really leaning towards the R as the next car. Especially since I won't have to DD it

Aphix

Go Kart Champion
Seriously, they blew right past me! *shakes fist in air*
PS: I cringed hard at that sand storm, I hope you guys made it out without any damage to the cars.

Yeah, I was a few miles back and I got pelted. I have all sorts of little chips on the very front of my hood and a tiny chip in my windshield in the upper left corner. :cry::(:cry:

that dust storm was a beast. I am pretty sure I am going to have some marks after that.. :/

PRND[S]

The Lame & The Ludicrous
I drove into the early morning sun today, my windshield has a million little pits in it. At first I thought it was dust (my underground parking gets a ton of it), but I used my washers and wipers, and an alarming amount of what I thought was dust is still there. :(

Aphix

Go Kart Champion
yep.. me too. we basically ran our cars through a sandblaster. ugh..

still, that was an awesome day.

Green_GTi

Ready to race!
ikr I got there at 6.

I tried to post a photo of a MK7 GTI that was across from me, but I guess the photo didn't move to Tapatalk. The car was so new, that it still had paper plates from Galpin.

Sent Through the Ether by Tapatalk

Trytun

Go Kart Champion
I keep seeing a CW GTI 4-door while I'm going through La Habra. Dunno if you're on here but I see you at least two-three times a week around 7:45 AM and 4:15 - 4:30 PM on my way home from work.

steemax

Go Kart Champion
I drove into the early morning sun today, my windshield has a million little pits in it. At first I thought it was dust (my underground parking gets a ton of it), but I used my washers and wipers, and an alarming amount of what I thought was dust is still there. :(

I found out I have the same thing :( ... I wonder if it is sand/dust embedded into the windshield and can be removed with clay bar. If not I've hear you can polish your windshield? Not sure if that's an actual thing.

For now it's not bad enough to annoy me to the point of replacing the windshield or anything.