GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Should I buy a GTI (first vw)

trev1342

Go Kart Champion
Exactly — I think for the money the interior of the gti is pretty amazing :thumbup:

One of the reasons I bought it. A $60k Acura MDX doesn't have an interior like the GTI, seriously. Carpeted door pockets, all soft touch, very impressive. Feels much more expensive than it is by far.

trev1342

Go Kart Champion

mcgti6

Ready to race!
savage,

those wheels look plastidipped to me, NOT powdercoated. so, u should be able to peel it off really easily as long as they did enough coats on it. wheels probably look really nice and clean under the plastidip. i didnt see any noticeable curb rash under the dip.

and with the features it comes with, $14900 seems like a good price to me.

trev1342

Go Kart Champion
savage,

those wheels look plastidipped to me, NOT powdercoated. so, u should be able to peel it off really easily as long as they did enough coats on it. wheels probably look really nice and clean under the plastidip. i didnt see any noticeable curb rash under the dip.

and with the features it comes with, $14900 seems like a good price to me.

Agreed, good value for the car. I would question the condition of the wheels under the plastidip though, they could be a bit beat up maybe?

kineticMKVI

Ready to race!
Daggon noise pipe :mad:

Personally I would get a stock one, even if its just a few bits plasti-dipped. Just more hassle to remove it if you don't want it.

Savagetoastness

Agreed, good value for the car. I would question the condition of the wheels under the plastidip though, they could be a bit beat up maybe?

Yeah I'm on the fence of I want leave em the way they are which doesn't look horrible. But the dealer said he would switch en with some sick ones he has on another gti if I want hmmmmm

trev1342

Go Kart Champion
Yeah I'm on the fence of I want leave em the way they are which doesn't look horrible. But the dealer said he would switch en with some sick ones he has on another gti if I want hmmmmm

If the dealer could switch them with a set of good wheels that would be good. It's not like they would be charging for that right? Now $14,000 is a great price too.

zrickety

The Fixer
The car is a great deal. Pics of the other wheels? I realize you are financing, but just save up for some good aftermarket wheels. You'll get bored with stock, plastidip or otherwise. I dropped 10+ lbs per corner vs Detroits.

trev1342

Go Kart Champion
The car is a great deal. Pics of the other wheels? I realize you are financing, but just save up for some good aftermarket wheels. You'll get bored with stock, plastidip or otherwise. I dropped 10+ lbs per corner vs Detroits.

What wheels do you have? I may upgrade from my Lagunas eventually...

Savagetoastness

Ended up going with the black 17s on it the 18s they were willing to trade for we're scratched all to hell. And plus the tires were really rough on the 18s so easy decision for me lol

Savagetoastness

got the car all is good ++ But the Bluetooth wont work??

im a tech nerd and have tried everything i have come to the conclusion that the car is not putting out the signal to show the car can connnect.

there typically is a light next to the bluetooh button that is on the roof near the map lights and all -

the light doesnt light up at all - orange or green - nothing - my friend has same care but his lights up when you put the key in the ignition to start... hmmmmmm what to do:mad0259::mad0259::iono:

Last edited:

trev1342

Go Kart Champion
got the car all is good ++ But the Bluetooth wont work??

im a tech nerd and have tried everything i have come to the conclusion that the car is not putting out the signal to show the car can connnect.

there typically is a light next to the bluetooh button that is on the roof near the map lights and all -

the light doesnt light up at all - orange or green - nothing - my friend has same care but his lights up when you put the key in the ignition to start... hmmmmmm what to do:mad0259::mad0259::iono:

Maybe just a faulty module? Hopefully? What about the button on the steering wheel?

Savagetoastness

Maybe just a faulty module? Hopefully? What about the button on the steering wheel?

module - are you refering to the black box under the passanger seat ?? i unplugged it and plugged it back in hoping to reset the BT and make it work but no luck there either.

on the stearing wheel there is a phone button and no it does nothing .. was thinking about taking it to the VW dealership but they would charge me a $$$$$$$ arm and a leg to even look at it..

care only has 20k miles on it - (would it be under warranty possibly)??? anyone know

trev1342

Go Kart Champion
module - are you refering to the black box under the passanger seat ?? i unplugged it and plugged it back in hoping to reset the BT and make it work but no luck there either.

on the stearing wheel there is a phone button and no it does nothing .. was thinking about taking it to the VW dealership but they would charge me a $$$$$$$ arm and a leg to even look at it..

care only has 20k miles on it - (would it be under warranty possibly)??? anyone know

As for the module, that's what I had in mind.. Considering the car has only 20k miles, that should still be under warranty. Isn't the warranty something of 3 years/36,000 miles?