GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

93serprise

Ready to race!
That xbrace is awesome. One of the better chassis braces I've done.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I agree with that as well. Wasn’t too bad of an install either and looks cool in the hatch with the seats down :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Flashed stage 2 tune for 93 octane, Cobb OTS. Something isn't right with that one, i got some surging in 2nd and my LTFT was 0.82. Flashed the Cobb ots stage 2 91 stock maf file and my LTFT was fine after that. Surprised my boost reading was not a bit higher given the cold temps. But will do some logging on weds and contact Cobb to see what they think. My fuel is from the same station as always, and its sold as 93.... winter gas, maybe?

pdan

Ready to race!
Thanks, yeah I’m really looking forward to seeing how the brace performs. Managed to install my rear diffuser already.

2012TP

Drag Racing Champion
Hit the car with some ONR for the first time. Not going to replace a traditional wash for me, but nice to have for winter months.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
the supercharger whine :D

I went the cheaper route & had the sibling: a 2007 Ion Redline
It was like $250 or $280/month or something (reasonable) to lease it.

After that I looked at the Cobalt SS/TC before I got my '09 GTI, but the GTI was clearly the nicer car

oh agreed, the blower screaming is what i miss most about the car, with looks being a close second. fucking loved the cobalt ss.

Francoleon91

Autocross Newbie
Thanks, yeah I’m really looking forward to seeing how the brace performs. Managed to install my rear diffuser already.

How did u install the side pieces? Did u have to remove the the inside fender liner to get your hands in there? I just installed mine over the weekend but didnt get around to installing the remaining pieces. looks good btw. PFA:

pdan

Ready to race!
Thanks, looks good on yours as well. And yeah that was the most annoying part about installing it. I drilled the holes, and then took out 4 of the screws that hold the fender liner and kinda bent it forward to get the nut and a tiny wrench in there. Small hands would definitely be a bonus with this one.

Francoleon91

Autocross Newbie
Thanks, looks good on yours as well. And yeah that was the most annoying part about installing it. I drilled the holes, and then took out 4 of the screws that hold the fender liner and kinda bent it forward to get the nut and a tiny wrench in there. Small hands would definitely be a bonus with this one.

thanks for the info, will try this.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Not sure if I'll get around to installing these until friday/the weekend.

hbrown0509

Go Kart Champion
thanks for the info, will try this.

I just carefully fed the nuts onto the bolts without taking apart the fender liner. It helps leaving the car on ramps or jack stands. The hardest part was the passenger side with the larger exhaust hanger being in the way. You could try his technique though. Might make it easier than the angle of approach I did.

torga

Autocross Champion
Not sure if I'll get around to installing these until friday/the weekend.

Very interested to see how these come out for you. If I swap my halogens, these are at the top of my list - love that Mk7 look.

hryhorchuk

Passed Driver's Ed
Mods

EBC slotted rotors and Redstuff brake pads all the way around and installed the LED taillights I got. Waiting for my R style headlights to be delivered so I can install those. Also fighting a pesky p2177 code that shows up once every month or so for a few days then goes away...