AZ MKVI Owners chime in

Elchinophil

Ready to race!
Hey guys.

New guy here in Mesa
Just picked up this
2011 GTI 6MT
Completely stock besides debaged.

I used to live by the extreme bean there in tempe.

Welcome! you def pick up alot of ideas on what to do to your GTI on this forum.

You can find virtually all types of topics and support on here. Very helpful and knowledgeable community.

I know there are still meets at Extreme bean on Sunday nights. Have you been to any? any good?

WeirdBeard

Passed Driver's Ed
Yeah definitely. There is definitely a lot of inspiration here.

I plan on making sure all the maintenance is up to date. It's just over 40k miles so I'm sure I can keep myself busy doing those things.

I told myself I wasn't going to rush into modding it. I will probably start with just upgrading the basic stuff before I go to a tune.

Once I do get everything squared away I will most likely go straight to stg2 once the parts are gathered.

Elchinophil

Ready to race!
Saw a CW GTI License plate MK6 GTI . APR II+ Badge . Anyone here? I saw it in Tempe at Pita Jungle on apache blvd parking lot.

GolfTDIr

Passed Driver's Ed
Elchinophil do you go to Dutch Bros on McQueen ever and is your R a 2 door? I was in line there a couple of days ago and behind a 2 door CW R.

Elchinophil

Ready to race!
Elchinophil do you go to Dutch Bros on McQueen ever and is your R a 2 door? I was in line there a couple of days ago and behind a 2 door CW R.

Yes! That was you?!? OH snap I was admiring your led headlights lol. Thats so funny. I was waving but I realized you can't see me through my dark ass tint lol.

That is a sweet ride. I didn't realize they came stock with those headlights. Are they also auto level?

I make dutch bro runs alot :) Double Torture FTW

GolfTDIr

Passed Driver's Ed
Yes! That was you?!? OH snap I was admiring your led headlights lol. Thats so funny. I was waving but I realized you can't see me through my dark ass tint lol.

That is a sweet ride. I didn't realize they came stock with those headlights. Are they also auto level?

I make dutch bro runs alot :) Double Torture FTW

Haha! That's awesome. I love Dutch! Yeah I couldn't see you but its all good. And yeah the headlights were part of the tech package and they are auto leveling :D It's so cool to see them go up and down and side to side while they level. Well good to know you love Dutch too!

WeirdBeard

Passed Driver's Ed
Saw a few different MK6s yesterday in the Mesa/gilbert area

first was a dark grey 4dr gti that looked lowered on gilbert/baseline turning into the trader joes parking lot

the second was a white 2dr that looked to be a woman driver on gilbert/houston

neither payed any attention to me despite being right next to them lol so I can only assume they aren't on here.

Elchinophil

Ready to race!
Saw a few different MK6s yesterday in the Mesa/gilbert area

first was a dark grey 4dr gti that looked lowered on gilbert/baseline turning into the trader joes parking lot

the second was a white 2dr that looked to be a woman driver on gilbert/houston

neither payed any attention to me despite being right next to them lol so I can only assume they aren't on here.

Typically when I see a women in a gti. i don't think they will notice another GTI. It's like a chick car for them. You'll get noticed and they will notice you if their car is modded in anyway.

I see this white 4dr GTI on the 101 all the time and we always hi five lol.

WeirdBeard

Passed Driver's Ed
Haha yeah, I figured the lowered gti would have noticed.

I am about to order up some coilovers for my car, along with that strut spreader tool.

maybe I'll get noticed after that lol

after those I am going to collect stuff for a stg2

If anyone knows anybody local selling some go fast stuff let me know.

GolfTDIr

Passed Driver's Ed
Haha yeah, I figured the lowered gti would have noticed.

I am about to order up some coilovers for my car, along with that strut spreader tool.

maybe I'll get noticed after that lol

after those I am going to collect stuff for a stg2

If anyone knows anybody local selling some go fast stuff let me know.

What coils are you getting?

I've been looking at getting KWs, H&Rs, or Konis.

WeirdBeard

Passed Driver's Ed
Im going with raceland ultimos...

Now I know all the sh!t talk people say but I have first hand experience with ultimos on a few different cars.

I have had expensive coils on a few cars and I can say with 100% honesty that my racelands rode much better. No bouncing and much softer than I had imagined. Plus I am not trying to stance my car out, I just want a good ride height.

Its just a daily driver so I wont be doing any tracking with it. So I dont need anything to crazy.

WeirdBeard

Passed Driver's Ed
coilovers ordered

Now to start getting stuff together for stg2.

Unfortunately my car is a CBFA so I have to either modify a downpipe or spend more on one that will work.

Elchinophil

Ready to race!
I have VWR Springs on mine. At first it felt very stock but over time I began noticing it bit stiff as it settled in. THe clearance is great for me. I just wanted a 1.25 inch drop in the front and back. It's a daily driver for me too.

On warner rd right before Arizona there are the rail road tracks. The left lane takes the track very hard and really felt it. I have to slow down to 35 mph at least to make a softer impact. Same with speed bumps , gotta take those easy too.

My friend has a CBFA as well. It sucks he said. There's alot that has to be done to stay within emissions.

WeirdBeard

Passed Driver's Ed
Yeah once your car is low driving is a complete different experience. Both good and bad.

There are a few diy how to remove everything rim the cbfa stuff. Doesn't seem too difficult.