GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official Revo Product and Information Thread

taken5

I have stage 2 revo on my MK6 GTI seem like im pushing about 15psi and i should be pushing little more. I don't feel any boost leak in my car but something is missing that extra boost? Spark plugs? I don't know. but my car seems pretty slow when i go on it and seems like when i installed my Boost gauge my car kinda felt slower, you have a reason why?

GreyGti1990

Ready to race!
I have stage 2 revo on my MK6 GTI seem like im pushing about 15psi and i should be pushing little more. I don't feel any boost leak in my car but something is missing that extra boost? Spark plugs? I don't know. but my car seems pretty slow when i go on it and seems like when i installed my Boost gauge my car kinda felt slower, you have a reason why?

Maybe its time for a new diverter valve? The stock 1 tends to leak alot, espically after a tune. the DV+ unit from Go Fast Bits is good, holds the boost much better.

taken5

Maybe its time for a new diverter valve? The stock 1 tends to leak alot, espically after a tune. the DV+ unit from Go Fast Bits is good, holds the boost much better.

I might agree to that, just hard to come up with the money right now to afford it. Also seems like when I'm on it I'm losing boost because regularly I'm at 15psi and for revo i should be at 18psi but when i get on it seems like i drop to 10psi

ModdedEuros

Go Kart Champion

You could yank the DV and inspect it for rips as they can break up over time. GFB DV+ is a good replacement

GreyGti1990

Ready to race!
You could yank the DV and inspect it for rips as they can break up over time. GFB DV+ is a good replacement

I agree. I remember seeing 18 psi spike and holding around 14/15 psi i think when i had the stock DV in. I upgraded to the DV+ and it spikes to 22/24psi now and holds around 18-20psi... and this is just stage 1 Revo.

ThatGTI

Go Kart Champion
My friend and I are getting a boost surge between 3,000RPM and 4,000RPM. It happens under WOT and fixes itself shortly after 4,000RPM. It happens it 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th gear.

My car.
2010 Volkswagen GTI
Manual
Revo Stage 2 (Tuned earlier this year through ECU.)
R8 Coil Packs
APR Carbonio Stage 1 and 2
Turbo back exhaust without cat.
GFB DV+
Connected to VAG-COM and ran a couple tests and during the problem the N75 will go from around 98% to all the way down to 3%.

Friends car.
2012 Volkswagen GTI
DSG
Revo Stage 2 (Had it for about 1½ years and tuned by taking ECU out.)
R8 Coil Packs
Turbo back exhaust.
GFB DV+
Checked for leaks on my friends car and didn't find any, replaced N75 and didn't fix.

The problem happened a few weeks apart from each other. The local dealer where we got tuned said it was DV, change and it wasn't, they said it was N75, changed and it wasn't. They were both tuned at the same place. I've been told that this is due to the car overboosting and it's known as the surge zone. APR apparently lowers the boost in this area and calls it surge elimination. What can/do I need to do to fix this problem? Is there a different revision of the software I can get that will fix this issue?

Thanks!

Jeremy

Chris@Revo USA

Go Kart Champion
Jeremy,

You entered a website into the email field on our contact page, but we guessed and replied to your message earlier today with what we thought you meant for your email. If you did not receive it please send an email to ussupport@revotechnik.com directly and we can respond again with the data that we need to start investigating this.

Chris

TSI_Guy

Go Kart Champion
My friend and I are getting a boost surge between 3,000RPM and 4,000RPM. It happens under WOT and fixes itself shortly after 4,000RPM. It happens it 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th gear.

My car.
2010 Volkswagen GTI
Manual
Revo Stage 2 (Tuned earlier this year through ECU.)
R8 Coil Packs
Turbo back exhaust without cat.
GFB DV+
Connected to VAG-COM and ran a couple tests and during the problem the N75 will go from around 98% to all the way down to 3%.

Friends car.
2012 Volkswagen GTI
DSG
Revo Stage 2 (Had it for about 1½ years and tuned by taking ECU out.)
R8 Coil Packs
Turbo back exhaust.
GFB DV+
Checked for leaks on my friends car and didn't find any, replaced N75 and didn't fix.

The problem happened a few weeks apart from each other. The local dealer where we got tuned said it was DV, change and it wasn't, they said it was N75, changed and it wasn't. They were both tuned at the same place. I've been told that this is due to the car overboosting and it's known as the surge zone. APR apparently lowers the boost in this area and calls it surge elimination. What can/do I need to do to fix this problem? Is there a different revision of the software I can get that will fix this issue?

Thanks!

Jeremy

Jeremy,

You entered a website into the email field on our contact page, but we guessed and replied to your message earlier today with what we thought you meant for your email. If you did not receive it please send an email to ussupport@revotechnik.com directly and we can respond again with the data that we need to start investigating this.

Chris

I'm having the same problem with my Revo K04. I sent you guys an email with video after speaking to you guys on the phone. I sent the email on Oct 27. Still waiting on a response.

I've had this surging since day one of K04 and tune. I am using a factory RevD DV and a Gen1 Revo K04 kit.

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
I'm having the same problem with my Revo K04. I sent you guys an email with video after speaking to you guys on the phone. I sent the email on Oct 27. Still waiting on a response.

I've had this surging since day one of K04 and tune. I am using a factory RevD DV and a Gen1 Revo K04 kit.

#APRsafe

ThatGTI

Go Kart Champion
Jeremy,

Chris

Okay, I will do that. Yeah, I people tell me my email is wrong all the time. That's just how it is though.

Chris@Revo USA

Go Kart Champion

Did you speak with Traci? She mentioned someone called and had a video of a problem but nothing was ever received.

If you attached the video it may have been caught up in a filter. Could you please email the same email listed above with details of the problem and not include the video.

Chris

TSI_Guy

Go Kart Champion
Did you speak with Traci? She mentioned someone called and had a video of a problem but nothing was ever received.

If you attached the video it may have been caught up in a filter. Could you please email the same email listed above with details of the problem and not include the video.

Chris

Yeah, I did speak to Traci.

I re-sent the email without the video.

Just for reference, here is the video. Boost gauge on the left:

Last edited: