GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

NEEK's Cobra/Truck IDGAF total BS thread.

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
For some reason, I have been pondering a used F250 with the Power Stroke. I have no idea why. I love my Silverado. STUPID PLACITIS.

I like this one:

ToMMyGuN

Go Kart Champion
For some reason, I have been pondering a used F250 with the Power Stroke. I have no idea why. I love my Silverado. STUPID PLACITIS.

I like this one:

Just make sure you steer clear of the old 6.0. There are tons of them for sale at dirt cheap prices because they are incredibly expensive to service. I.e. when the injectors go (which they will eventually), either pull the motor or separate the cab from the frame (!!). Pick your poison, either way it's mucho bucks.

Kal-GTI

Ready to race!

I like this one:

That's a 6.4L Powerstroke. Solid engine if you delete the emissions (Being in Cali, thats prolly not a good idea),ticking time bomb if it is left alone. This motor and the 6.0L powerstroke are the reason for the fractured relationship between Navistar (company that designed and built the engines) and Ford. Ford no longer contracts Navistar to build engines. Food for thought

Desert MVIGTI

Go Kart Champion
True fact.

Cummins = Duramax?

No. Duramax is a V-8 Isuzu diesel that Chevy borrowed. Cummins is an I-6 configuration....and a very reliable engine is well. Problem being it is surrounded by a Dodge.

Edit: I get it....yes, IMHO Cummins=Duramax, engine for engine. Two different ways to reliable torks.

Kal-GTI

Ready to race!
No. Duramax is a V-8 Isuzu diesel that Chevy borrowed. Cummins is an I-6 configuration....and a very reliable engine is well. Problem being it is surrounded by a Dodge.

Edit: I get it....yes, IMHO Cummins=Duramax, engine for engine. Two different ways to reliable torks.

2007 and older Cummins > 2007 and older Duramax > 2010 and older Powerstroke

2007.5 and Up Cummins = 2007.5 and up Duramax = 2011 and up Powerstroke

For the true break down of stock motors. If your into modding, then the equation changes. LOL.

xytbyk

Go Kart Champion

Gotcha. My bad for not being clear.

2007 and older Cummins > 2007 and older Duramax > 2010 and older Powerstroke

2007.5 and Up Cummins = 2007.5 and up Duramax = 2011 and up Powerstroke

For the true break down of stock motors. If your into modding, then the equation changes. LOL.

Thanks!

I don't expect to ever need a 10k+ lb tow rating, but who knows.

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
Well, we all know what I ended up with. the dreaded 6.0. I got a 5 yr warranty, so NFG.

EAT MY ASS.

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
There is more than 1 plac around here....

golftdibrad

Go Kart Champion
There is more than 1 plac around here....

we all have car add.

but most of us can add, so we always talk ourselves out of it.