GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Hit a signpost

pressure drop

Ready to race!
I've never been in an accident before - whats the best procedure to take right after? Call insurance or cops?

How much does it typically raise insurance?

Blaylock1988

Ready to race!
I've never been in an accident before - whats the best procedure to take right after? Call insurance or cops?

If there is any damage, call both. You usually need a police report for the incident. Take pictures, exchange personal and insurance info, and get the other person's license plate #. Don't negotiate if you are not the one at fault. If you are lucky and there is no real damage then you can just not report it. I had a very light bump a couple weeks ago, a BMW slammed on his breaks as a lady was crossing the crosswalk. I couldn't see the lady because she was hidden behind the BMW since we were both turning right. I mashed my brakes but still bumped. I didn't even feel the bump with all the motion stopping. We pulled to the side to assess the damage. Not a single mark on either car, he had more damage on his bumper from other random crap. Thank goodness I didn't have a front license plate, that extra inch and low surface area would have caused a lot of damage. We both exchanged info just in case, but agreed there was no damage and went our separate ways.

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
Update on the car:

ECS is being a pain in the butt. They couldn't deliver to the shop since the first purchase has to be delivered to the billing address. That wouldn't be a huge issue as long as I didn't have to sign for the package since I work :30 from home, so I asked ECS to waive the signature requirement and they complied no problem. Well, I just got a call from the freight company to schedule an appointment. Not even a four hour window, it'll be Friday any time of day. And I have to sign for the package.:mad0259:

The freight company is giving ECS a call now to authorize the package to be delivered sans signature. I'm expecting a call from ECS in 3... 2.... 1....

In my case I called insurance first. It was slush underneath fluffy snow so I knew the tow guy would take forever with all the accidents (and he did take forever). Convresation went from the response department (to get tow scheduled) to claims department, all told took about :45 min on the phone. Called 911 and they were pretty responsive.

My insurance isn't going up though. I've been under Geico for long enough that my premiums won't be affected until my second claim within 68 months or something like that.

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
Update: it feels like Christmas at the shop!!

S3 IC: has a small debt in the top, not worried about it too much.
uploadfromtaptalk1360815065734.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1360815078997.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1360815108061.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1360815119623.jpg

And the 35th edition bumper. Holes should be super easy to shave. Only complication is the primer - the filler will have to be primed but the bumper is primed already. Either way it's not too discouraging. CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THIS THING PAINTED!!
uploadfromtaptalk1360815132125.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1360815152184.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1360815166092.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1360815174733.jpg

And here's my car, collecting dust like I've never seen :cry: New estimate is I'll probably have the car back by the end of next week. I won't have the new headlights in, but I can make do with the existing halogens for a week or two.
uploadfromtaptalk1360815185594.jpg

butchered by autocorrect

Blaylock1988

Ready to race!
Oh gosh, at first I thought that was overspray! I am glad you finally got the bumper, I can't wait to see the final product.

its... its.. beautiful.. need... more... pictures..!!

Carbon Steel

Go Kart Champion
Nothing goes as smoothly as you would like, but when it all comes together, and considering the body shops expertise, you should have a nice ride back.

I didn't read the whole thread, what have you been driving for the last 3 weeks?

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
Nothing goes as smoothly as you would like, but when it all comes together, and considering the body shops expertise, you should have a nice ride back.

I didn't read the whole thread, what have you been driving for the last 3 weeks?

10 year old minivan :w00t:

butchered by autocorrect

dtraill27

Go Kart Champion
My gti looked just like that when it was in the shop. Gonna need a full detail when you get it back after they wash it

lilfleck

Go Kart Champion
Lots of work. Glad things are coming together. Personally, I would have just installed parking sensors in there.

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
Lots of work. Glad things are coming together. Personally, I would have just installed parking sensors in there.

They cost more than the bumper itself. Ecs quoted me about 750 if they just had their supplier ship me a set at ecs's cost. Then there's the rear sensors, then the highline cecm... $$$$$$$$$$$

butchered by autocorrect

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
Wait I take that back, I didn't see his later post. Those sensors aren't the oem style, but simple beepers. So while it's not a one to one comparison, it is a hell of a lot less than a $1000 option.

I'm not so upset about missing out though, I don't park in the city often enough to make good use of them. Plus I don't want the little circles left to blemish the clean look.

butchered by autocorrect