GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Prototype mk6 gti/gli fog lights

riceburner

Autocross Champion
I will share. On second thought they may be to avoid error messages. I am getting fog light errors now

riceburner

Autocross Champion
So here it is...

It starts by being rounded on the right eyelet. Then goes through the resistors box, then to the splitter plug. That's where I get confused. From the resistors it says 'to signal/input'. But the splitter plug, I have no clue where it goes. It's a different plug type than the fog light (which is h11 I think?) So I don't know how I would be able intercept the fog light signal. Furthermore, no clue what the splitter is for lol.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
Wow that’s bizarre. It should literally just plug into the fog lamp and then into the OEM harness.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
yeah that would have made sense haha. if it was an h8/11 or whatever plug i think i could have made it work

cosmo10292

Ready to race!
So here it is...

It starts by being rounded on the right eyelet. Then goes through the resistors box, then to the splitter plug. That's where I get confused. From the resistors it says 'to signal/input'. But the splitter plug, I have no clue where it goes. It's a different plug type than the fog light (which is h11 I think?) So I don't know how I would be able intercept the fog light signal. Furthermore, no clue what the splitter is for lol.

Uh.. it should plug right in, mine did.
H11 is only the bulb type of the fog.

As for the resistors that black wire only needs to be grounded and then you won't get bulb out errors for your fogs. Make sure you zip tie it out of the way of other wiring because it will get hot.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Well the issue is the plugs for the restore are not the h11 type plug so they have nowhere to go.

My other option is just to cut the plug off of the red wire and just solder it to my power wire on the fog light

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
Well the issue is the plugs for the restore are not the h11 type plug so they have nowhere to go.

My other option is just to cut the plug off of the red wire and just solder it to my power wire on the fog light

Nah man, they need to make it right with the correct harness connectors

cosmo10292

Ready to race!
That female connector I circled plugs into your fog wiring harness I promise you.

As I said before h11 ONLY refers to the bulb type which in this case means nothing.

Female plugs into your fog wiring, the remaining male plug goes into the trs LEDs and the black wire coming off the resistor (blue box) will need to be grounded

dubbinit2

Drag Racing Champion
That female connector I circled plugs into your fog wiring harness I promise you.

As I said before h11 ONLY refers to the bulb type which in this case means nothing.

Female plugs into your fog wiring, the remaining male plug goes into the trs LEDs and the black wire coming off the resistor (blue box) will need to be grounded

Speaking from experience, this is a tad bit of a hassle the way TRS kind of half assed it. By no means am I down playing the quality the fogs, they look amazing. Its just weird that TRS didn't clean it up and loop the resistor in completely.

cosmo10292

Ready to race!
Agreed. I think they already finalized everything and me bringing up the fact that our cars get a bulb out errors from them was unexpected.
I'm using these personally. They cost more though
https://www.theretrofitsource.com/canbus-morimoto-standalone.html

Speaking from experience, this is a tad bit of a hassle the way TRS kind of half assed it. By no means am I down playing the quality the fogs, they look amazing. Its just weird that TRS didn't clean it up and loop the resistor in completely.

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
Agreed. I think they already finalized everything and me bringing up the fact that our cars get a bulb out errors from them was unexpected.
I'm using these personally. They cost more though
https://www.theretrofitsource.com/canbus-morimoto-standalone.html

Lol that doesn’t make it any better. It’s not like VW’s are the only cars that use resistive load to indicate a faulty bulb. With a name like THE RETROFIT SOURCE, they should know this