GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What upgrades would I need to beat a '15 Mustang RS3

Double's Dub

Ready to race!
why not both?

EastKingZ

Ready to race!
Put a giant turbo in your car, build the motor so it isn't even the same motor and park at the end of the street/track. Steal a porsche gt3 rs and use it to race him, ditch it at the end of the race and hop into your car, drive quickly with your new big turbo to a crowded street and blend in with all the cars that won't beat the roush. :fighting0030::thumbsup:

Double's Dub

Ready to race!
Sounds like there is no chance without lots of money being thrown into my gti

In all seriousness, no. It would take some serious coin, weight reduction, some awd goodness, and a fully built motor with a mean turbo to even have a decent shot.

At this point, you would be best off switching to a different platform given the amount of money you would spend on the car or on the issues you will run into during the build process.

zrickety

The Fixer
Weight on the Mustang?
Edit- my math says you need about 550hp and weight reduction to keep up with him.

Last edited:

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie

MrFancypants

Autocross Champion
Well.... you could go K04 with all the supporting upgrades (suspension, drivetrain mounts, limited slip differential) along with some Hoosiers and maybe have a shot of challenging him at the drag strip. High 11's is doable and could be enough to give him a bad night if he doesn't prepare or know how to drive.

You're probably going to be in for somewhere around $10k to even think about getting close though.

sauceman101

Ready to race!
Well.... you could go K04 with all the supporting upgrades (suspension, drivetrain mounts, limited slip differential) along with some Hoosiers and maybe have a shot of challenging him at the drag strip. High 11's is doable and could be enough to give him a bad night if he doesn't prepare or know how to drive.

You're probably going to be in for somewhere around $10k to even think about getting close though.

They're running mid to low 10s out of the box with tires..... No chance, only way to beat that is a bad driver in the stang and a good driver in the GTI

MrFancypants

Autocross Champion
They're running mid to low 10s out of the box with tires..... No chance, only way to beat that is a bad driver in the stang and a good driver in the GTI

There you go then.

Although we shouldn't underestimate the Mustang driver's inability to get their car through the 1/4 at that speed.... I don't think I'd spend so much money banking on that.

Tjbell

Ready to race!
apples to oranges comparison there is no real word GTI making 600+ to the wheels that isn't a ticking time bomb or isn't a full out race car, besides engine work you will need a clutch to hold it, axles, tons of suspension work to be able to put the power down, drag radials, probably a 100 shot, and W/M, massive weight reduction. it just isn't feasible

[Old User]

Go Kart Champion
I believe APA11393 is selling his GTI that makes 550 wheel... if you want to pick up that gauntlet :D

Seriously it would be a shit ton of work on the GTI. I know you like the GTI, but to achieve what you want with RELATIVE ease, you're in the wrong class of car.

Or, you could be the first mid engined AMG V12 swap.