GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Neuspeed GTI Front Mount Intercooler Review

RAPPLE

Ready to race!
So question...for that kind of money why not just buy a Forge Twintercooler and run the stock IC and the Forge?

RAPPLE

Ready to race!
Why use the stock ic? Its useless.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Having both would constitute as more, no? And more is good, no? (yes I know too much is also a bad thing) But adding to what you have and having a tune is good.

Given the dimensions
Stock IC 16.25"x1.58"x24.25"=622.62 in^3
Neuspeed IC 23.5"x 6.5"x 3"=458.25in^3

So why wouldn't you use both? Given the math, you are technically loosing volumetric space...
And if I am truly wrong, someone please correct me.

Last edited:

steemax

Go Kart Champion
Can't wait, picking up my IC along with the TOP and charge pipe from Neuspeed... I just can't make up my mind though.. to remove the lower grill or not, that is the question

WetMoney

Go Kart Champion
Hey Wet,

Your review says t25 only for the bumper screws yet the instructions mention needing a t30 bit and in the description below the picture to remove the screws says t20 lol.

Will I be fine just getting a t25 bit to take the bumper off for this install?

i believe its a T20/T25, sorry i have to double check. either way you can get those screws out is a good thing!
i would invest in a Torx set. its def good to have when owning a German car.

if you have any trouble with the install PM me. i dont mind helping :thumbsup:

WetMoney

Go Kart Champion
So question...for that kind of money why not just buy a Forge Twintercooler and run the stock IC and the Forge?

Neuspeed > Forge.

nuff said. Quality of the Neuspeed makes the Forge laughable.

the Forge is a FMIC yes, but it utilizes the stock IC as well. the whole system is less efficient from core to the plumbing.

ROOSTER1050

Go Kart Champion

Golf R Grill

it's not the same shape as the GTI lower inlet .... I havent actually found a lower grille that will fit (without modification) .... :(

Stero1Dcc

Ready to race!
that looks amazing! im curious to see how it would look with the lower grille insert tho.

how was the install?

...and that B5 :drool:

Install was a breeze, very easy straight forward. Took us probably little over than 2 hours.. Im going to take lower grill to the shop and have em cut out inside, paint it gloss black and leave just frame. i just want to plug in those holes that meant for tabs

WetMoney

Go Kart Champion
Install was a breeze, very easy straight forward. Took us probably little over than 2 hours.. Im going to take lower grill to the shop and have em cut out inside, paint it gloss black and leave just frame. i just want to plug in those holes that meant for tabs

i think that would look really good.
post pics when done!

allset

Go Kart Champion

Their are so many reasons why forge blows in comparison id cramp my fingers typing them on my fone

allset

Go Kart Champion