GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Neuspeed GTI Front Mount Intercooler Review

lilfleck

Go Kart Champion
I finally installed the Neuspeed FMIC on my car. It has been in the garage at my parent's house since November. I decided to leave the stock intercooler in play. I was pinched for time (Mother's Day weekend). Here's a quick review:

Build quality - 9/10: My only complaint was that the kit did not include a new o-ring for the turbo discharge pipe, but after looking over other kits, most don't include that anyways. Everything else fit like a glove. They really paid attention to the lay out of the car.

Install difficulty - 2/10 (10 being hardest): This was the second easiest thing I have done on the car. The intake was the only thing that was easier. Directions are well laid out and if you can turn a screw driver and operate a drill, you can do this this install. The most difficult process of this install is lifting the car off the ground and putting it on jack stands. A lift removes this obstacle.

Aesthetics- (how it looks after the install) 9/10: This will be a personal preference for most. I like the look of the intercooler in the front of the car. Its peaking through the lower grill vent, most will not notice. Car gurus will. Almost too hidden, thats my only draw back.

Performance - 9/10: I'm not sure what to expect but here is what I have noticed (I would also like to note that I installed my GFB DV+ while i was under the car). It spooled quicker. Better throttle response. More consistent throttle response. Pulls harder throughout the power band. I feels a lot stronger. It was close to 80 yesterday with a lot of humidity in the air and the car still pulled amazingly strong.

Overall - 9/10: Very good setup. Quality built piece that had thought but into the installation of the piece. If you buy direct from Neuspeed, it is a little over priced. If you get Allset's deal or who ever else is running deals on the this, it is worth it.

I need to get this then. Might be better than steroids. :bellyroll:

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
is there a hose available to use a neuspeed IC combined with a S3 or Golf R IC? i know Forge makes the twin but i bet the FMIC's arent the exact same dimensions.

lilfleck

Go Kart Champion
is there a hose available to use a neuspeed IC combined with a S3 or Golf R IC? i know Forge makes the twin but i bet the FMIC's arent the exact same dimensions.

Checkout the replica made by godspeed (v1?). maybe you can buy the hose on the cheap.

steemax

Go Kart Champion

Checkout the replica made by godspeed (v1?). maybe you can buy the hose on the cheap.

This would be cool, I'd jump on this since my Golf R IC is just sitting there like a dunce.

maybe we should start a "Plac trys out new things" donation fund. :laugh:

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
i would guess a Golf R IC + Neuspeed combo could rival an APR king setup. Although, you might have a bit too much volume and a tad lag.

Kal-GTI

Ready to race!
Are there any logs/graphcs/data showing that the APR IC outperforms the Neuspeed IC?

I plan on running logs and comparing to my last set of logs I ran in September. However, I'm running APR's V3.0 on the k04 tune and I've added the GFB DV+, so its not an apples to apples comparison.

Regarding running the Neuspeed intercooler as a "twintercooler" setup, it may be overkill on a gt2860 size turbo and smaller. I read somewhere that the Neuspeed intercooler can support up 450hp. I may be pulling that number out of my a$$ or might be remembering a different kit. Maybe Allset has some info as far as that goes.

steemax

Go Kart Champion
I plan on running logs and comparing to my last set of logs I ran in September. However, I'm running APR's V3.0 on the k04 tune and I've added the GFB DV+, so its not an apples to apples comparison.

Regarding running the Neuspeed intercooler as a "twintercooler" setup, it may be overkill on a gt2860 size turbo and smaller. I read somewhere that the Neuspeed intercooler can support up 450hp. I may be pulling that number out of my a$$ or might be remembering a different kit. Maybe Allset has some info as far as that goes.

Actually you are right, Neuspeeds description says its capable of supporting 450HP.

allset@supreme power

Go Kart Champion

Neuspeed FMIC IS NOT run like a twinter cooler system
The fmic does all the cooling
U can leave the oem in capped off or remove it if u choose

Kal-GTI

Ready to race!

Yeah. It's its own FMIC. I wasn't trying to imply otherwise. Question was raise by others if it could be piped that way to replicate a twintercooler.

2013R

Drag Race Newbie

i am perfectly aware it was not meant to. that doesnt mean it couldn't.

Blaznjoe

Drag Race Newbie
I just install mine this past weekend. (Project was delayed due to a leaking radiator :mad: ) I choose to delete most of the OEM IC by gutting and capping out each end cap. Helps speeds things up if you can find a donor OEM IC a few days before wrenching on this project. (Thanks Rotaryknight :thumbsup: )
Pre-reviewing the Neuspeed instructions (both FMIC and OEM IC delete) and watching the DIY vids out there helps a lot to. Thanks to all that contributed. :w00t:

The FMIC went together pretty easy. Having a small cordless bit driver helps a ton with removing and reinstalling the bolts that hold together the bellypan, front inner fender, and bumper.

Overall, I'm diggin this mod :thumbup:

https://flic.kr/p/nTRLs8

Yup....I painted the raised Neuspeed logos :D
https://flic.kr/p/nzAtDR