GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

shifting into 1st, 3rd or 5th is drama

justindesaa

It's just that your gears aren't matching so you gotta rock it to line it up that's what I do I got the same problem and I drive a golf r "vw problems"

TSI_Guy

Go Kart Champion
hmmm, i didn't think of that. Thanks for the advice. Brakes work but will check for leaks.. .i think its on the outside that i should be able to check when i have it on the hoist..

Weirdest part is when rpms are high there is definate feedback in the clutch pedal. Like a vibration when I depress the pedal, just before the shift

This happens to me all the time, I've always wondered if that is normal since this is my first manual car. You can definitely feel the vibration at high RPMs. Does this happen to everybody? Or does that mean that the clutch is not fully disengaging?

Blakcard

Autocross Newbie
It's just that your gears aren't matching so you gotta rock it to line it up that's what I do I got the same problem and I drive a golf r "vw problems"

I refuse to accept that. Aside from the clutch squeal my clutch was butter. This.. this is not butter. Shouldn't stick and jam like that.

You're right, sometimes I do have a rock it on cold starts to get it into 1st or reverse gear but again...it shouldn't be the norm after they just finished putting in a brand new fricken clutch right?? :paddle:

Blakcard

Autocross Newbie
This happens to me all the time, I've always wondered if that is normal since this is my first manual car. You can definitely feel the vibration at high RPMs. Does this happen to everybody? Or does that mean that the clutch is not fully disengaging?

With the vibrations.. i've never felt that in any manual car I've driven. Saab's, Audi, Honda, GM, heck even the Skoda didn't do that...

Something is def up.. all the while they keep asking when is my warranty up lol.. cause that'll stop me. U did the work.. its warrantied anyway! Not to mention i have extended warranty.. they'll get paid. Just FIX MY FRIGGEN CAR!!

kern417

Go Kart Champion
Yeah, like re-aligning the shift cables..

i'm surprised this went so long without someone saying this. it's the cables. you have to do it everytime your transmission is disconnected. they probably forgot to do it or didn't quite get it there.

i forget the exact procedure but you put slack in the cables, put the car in 3rd and lock in one side, then drop it into neutral and lock in the other side. there's also a pin on the side that you can lock the shifter into the perfect neutral position, then lock both cables on.

RAPPLE

Ready to race!
i'm surprised this went so long without someone saying this. it's the cables. you have to do it everytime your transmission is disconnected. they probably forgot to do it or didn't quite get it there.

i forget the exact procedure but you put slack in the cables, put the car in 3rd and lock in one side, then drop it into neutral and lock in the other side. there's also a pin on the side that you can lock the shifter into the perfect neutral position, then lock both cables on.

The guys at diesel geek have a pretty solid video that I've used on a few different vw's I'll post it for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sheTKD03hmo

Blakcard

Autocross Newbie

:laugh: Hey thanks for the info, don't know why I never even thought of this. I take the car in tomorrow for overnight and will make damn sure I'm available when they test drive it

Blakcard

Autocross Newbie

Blakcard

Autocross Newbie
any further insight as to the pedal shudder @ high rpms?

When i'm driving in a spirited way.. and I happen to want to coast after rowing through the gears, when i depress the clutch pedal there's this vibration (no noise) that you can feel for 2-3 seconds.\

i feel it sometimes when i downshift too (when i'm using the engine to brake the car)

RAPPLE

Ready to race!
FRICKEN AWESOME>>> i'll make sure to ask to which they'll reply they did... then i'm sure i'll get a car back that's back to being perfect! :w00t:
What do you mean? What transmission, diesel geek kit? VW has basically the same manual trans design for decades.

kern417

Go Kart Champion
i think he means which method of aligning the cables.

for pedal vibration it could be several things but i wouldn't know how to root cause it. sounds like what happens when you try to brake with warped rotors.

Blakcard

Autocross Newbie
i think he means which method of aligning the cables.

for pedal vibration it could be several things but i wouldn't know how to root cause it. sounds like what happens when you try to brake with warped rotors.

yah that...only its the clutch pedal so i have no idea... they machined the flywheel. but... could that be it?