GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GoodTimesIndeed Build Thread...

Mostic

Go Kart Champion
Just a Chinese website that has tons of weird stuff. Have honestly had very good luck with car products that I have purchased from there. Just takes a long time to get them.

Yes, rather similar. I don't recall off the top of my head but I believe the unit that I run has 6 modes, each with 8 different settings to tweak the sensitivity level.

The hardest thing to get used to at first is that "full throttle" is now approx. 3/4 pedal position. The adjustable sensitivity levels let you add or remove a bit of pedal position. The full race/full sensitivity setting is pretty much tire smoke city right off the line LOL.

Could you share the link for this Chinese website and for the device you have?

GoodTimesIndeed

Go Kart Champion
A small update, since its been a year:

- North Carolina roads have been fun to drive so far. A nice mix of getting to stretch the legs of the K04 on the interstates and running hard through the back roads and twisties. Road surfaces are pretty good down here compared to the potholed mess that I grew up with in PA.

- Some regular maintenance done like oil/filter, spark plugs, new battery (Diehard Gold), and most recently a brake fluid flush.

- After years of running the BFG Sportcomp2 tires, they have finally worn to almost nothing. Purchased Firestone Indy500 tires as a replacement. Just waiting to have them mounted and balanced.

- Covid sucks since everything and every event is getting cancelled.

- If anyone in the NC (Pittsboro area) has a need for stock suspension, rotors and pads, cbfa downpipe, or a catback exhaust let me know. Everything is in great condition with relatively low miles on them. Storage for this stuff is hard to come by in our new house. Make an offer and we can go from there.

GoodTimesIndeed

Go Kart Champion
I suppose its time for my yearly update haha.

After almost 5 years of having the R replica sideskirts I FINALLY got them painted and installed on the car. I also got the front grill painted as well. The car really came together and love how it turned out.

Also updated my meth controller to the VC-50. So far I think it works pretty good. Only issues that I have with it are:
  • If the sun is out you cannot see the gauge reading at all, but it looks cool as hell at night.

• That it doesn't seem to like my fluid level sensor. When the gauge was first installed and my tank was still empty, it showed my tank as full. Once I put fluid in the tank now it shows it as empty. I tried to reverse the wires but it didn't help. Even tried to rotate the level sensor but the plastic is so brittle that I was just cracking it. Rather than having my tank leak I just left it alone. Maybe I need a new sensor? Just seems strange since the AEM controller read the sensor correctly.

• Other issue is that the bezel, which was black when I first installed the gauge turned a copper color after a few weeks. Its not the end of the world but nothing else in the car matches it so it REALLY stands out.

Other than that, I recently replaced my strut mounts since they were starting to creak badly.

Hard to believe that I'm coming up on 11 years of ownership and I still love and enjoy this thing. Only thing now is my wife and I are expecting our first child, so I'm sure its going to be a fun challenge getting a young child in and out of a 2-door haha.

Last edited: